Loco Numbering

danddhud

This might have been asked before, but is there a secret as far as a way to save locos number in a session. What I mean is on my Crawford Nebraska route there are two BN locos that have been parked for years in one spot. Obviously their numbers aren't going to change. In TANE I save their numbers and they're saved. I save in TRS2019 and when I go back into session they're different?
Thanks in advance,
Dean

A quick test here shows they are saved. What steps are you taking prior to the save. I am guessing your loco is the the route layer and your session layer change is being overwritten.

Place the loco in the session, renumber it, save it, should be fine.

Otherwise perhaps it is specific to the loco you are using and there is a conflict between the ARN and a loco script.

Hi Tony,
The locos are in the session layer. The locos in question are on the DLS and are BN C30-7's. I save the numbers for each loco and each time I reopen same session they change numbers?
Thank you,
Dean

Dean,

This might be a bit of overkill, but if you can, clone the engine twice. Then go into the first cloned engine and open the config file. Under "extensions" you will see a number high and a number low. Change both of those numbers to the number you want it to be, making sure they are both the same. Then save. Do this for the second cloned engine also.

Then go in and replace each engine with the one you cloned with the correct number you want. Since the config file only has 1 number, those engines will always remain the number you want.

I know it is a crude workaround, but it will work.

Travlar,
Thanks for the info! I don't have enough interest in TRS2019 at this time to spend the time having to do something specifically for it. I'm not trying to knock anyone who enjoys it, I was just hoping it was something stupid I overlooked?
Dean

Back