Datsun Junction

The only problem I'm having is with KUID 487560-26003-1 JR Grease Spot
Shows as Faulty Payware , I guess because of the .texture files.
Tried PEVs Images to TGA but that won't read the files for some reason.

Good morning. I'm running into 2 issues. Asset kuid:124930:11006 WA S700K shows as faulty. Below are the errors.

VE168: File 'wa4.texture' is not a valid compiled texture file for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-3F||kuid 124930 11006.tzarc|'
VE165: Texture 'wa4.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'wa_low.im', material '*WA_low*EAFBC58F*mtl #2*m.onetex'.
VE165: Texture 'wa4.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'wa.im', material '*WA*C0A3E592*mtl #2*m.onetex'.

From the asset details, it looks like some sort of switch point indicator. It seems to be a minor item, and I'm ok without it. Just wanted to report it though.

Second issue is with creating a new session. I'm able to create it, but when it comes to saving the session, the only options I seem to have is saving the session as part of a new route, not saving with the existing route. I've tried Save and Save As. I'm able to do this in other routes, so I'm assuming the inability to save a session is a result of the above faulty asset. Or, is there something else I need to do/change? From the excellent Southern screen shot included in this thread, I know folks are creating sessions. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Good morning. I'm running into 2 issues. Asset kuid:124930:11006 WA S700K shows as faulty. Below are the errors.

VE168: File 'wa4.texture' is not a valid compiled texture file for 'arc:fld:$(local)/hash-3F||kuid 124930 11006.tzarc|'
VE165: Texture 'wa4.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'wa_low.im', material '*WA_low*EAFBC58F*mtl #2*m.onetex'.
VE165: Texture 'wa4.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'wa.im', material '*WA*C0A3E592*mtl #2*m.onetex'.

From the asset details, it looks like some sort of switch point indicator. It seems to be a minor item, and I'm ok without it. Just wanted to report it though.

Second issue is with creating a new session. I'm able to create it, but when it comes to saving the session, the only options I seem to have is saving the session as part of a new route, not saving with the existing route. I've tried Save and Save As. I'm able to do this in other routes, so I'm assuming the inability to save a session is a result of the above faulty asset. Or, is there something else I need to do/change? From the excellent Southern screen shot included in this thread, I know folks are creating sessions. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you!

If you are using TRS2019 or Plus, you 'll be asked to save a new route and session because of that's how it works. Doing so will create a new route for you under your own name. Going forward, edit and modify this route and session, and save the route when prompted when editing the session. This is actually a good thing because you can now modify the route however you wish.

For your texture error... Highlight the faulty asset. Right-click and choose revert to original. That should resolve the error. If it does not, you need to use PEV's Images to TGA (images2TGA.exe). You can download images2TGA from here: http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php?page=pevsoft-trainz-tools

Thank you John. The Images to TGA program resolved the issue. Maybe I can fix some of my other faulty assets now. As for the route getting cloned in TRS2019 when saving a session, then how does one share sessions that can be run on the original route? If I'm saving the route under my name, I'm assuming it will use my kuid ID... which means any sessions I create will only work on my version of the route. Thanks!

Thank you John. The Images to TGA program resolved the issue. Maybe I can fix some of my other faulty assets now. As for the route getting cloned in TRS2019 when saving a session, then how does one share sessions that can be run on the original route? If I'm saving the route under my name, I'm assuming it will use my kuid ID... which means any sessions I create will only work on my version of the route. Thanks!

There is another method to your madness. If you use view-sessions then create a new session, this may only create a new session. I can't guarantee it. The problem is if the route original route is modified in anyway by you, then this will create a new route when you save. This is normal operation for Trainz, any version and not just TRS2019

By creating a session-only, and using that only to place trains and configure driver schedules, you'll have a drivable session of your own on the original route - technically this is how it used to work.

My recommendation is give this a try and see how it works for you. If not, well it's only wasted time.

Hi John. Thank you for replying. The method mentioned above is normally how I create a new session on a route. It has worked for every other route, and I used it yesterday to create a session for the Oyster Point route. So I'm at a loss as to why it doesn't work for this route. I've even tried deleting the route and reinstalling. At this point I'll chalk it up to some sort of Trainzism and move on. This really is a nicely done route. I'll make some sessions up for myself on my "cloned" version and just enjoy the route. Thank you again for all your help!

If you still can't create sessions on the original, you can get the ones you make on the cloned version into the original route with a little bit of work if you want.

Clone the session, go into the clone's config.txt file and replace the "map kuid" with the kuid of the original route (and remember to replace it in the kuid list at the bottom as well) then submit the edits.

That will make the new session appear under the original route and, as long as you haven't made any changes to the trackage between the two routes, it should work just fine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Piere.

half the route doesnt appear in game tracks and signals are missing in parts and some almost all the route even though i have all assets downloaded

half the route doesnt appear in game tracks and signals are missing in parts and some almost all the route even though i have all assets downloaded

Make sure nothing is open for edit in Content Manager. Content open for edit, will cause missing dependencies.

Hi! Late to the game. Just downloaded this from JR. After doing searches for unknown assets, I am left with the following 13. Can anyone help me out? I am using 2019 Platinum....

Edit: Subsequently found half of those in my T:ANE, now down to the eight below.

<kuid:175455:200581> 22 alpha

<kuid:175455:200119> 22alpha
<kuid:127320:919927> yutzk
<kuid:13920:100041> ltgrxr

<kuid:13920:100012> ltgrxr
<kuid:175455:100724> 22alpha
<kuid:13920:100019> ltgrxr
<kuid:175455:101334> 22alpha

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Did you get the 3rd party dependency pack listed at the bottom of the page? I'm pretty sure they all should be there.

HI!
I have missing this kuids from this route:
<kuid2:82412:885182708:2>
<kuid2:82412:6001309:5>
<kuid2:82412:885182715:2>
<kuid2:82412:885182713:2>
<kuid2:82412:6001314:5>
<kuid2:82412:885182726:2>
This kuid are not in Auran. Are these important depencies? I have TRS19+SP5, build 116685.

The Road-Wheel assets are gravel road splines. They are all in his Season Town Northern RR route. One of the houses is in Season Town, the other in Avery Drexel. Avery Drexel hass all the road splines as well except 103-TS12

<kuid2:82412:6001309:5> TUME-House-LO-1L-109
<kuid2:82412:885182714:2> Road-Wheel-4mx5m-102-END-TS12
<kuid2:82412:6001314:5> TUME-House-LO-1L-114
<kuid2:82412:885182708:2> Road-Wheel-4mx4m-103-TS12
<kuid2:82412:885182713:2> Road-Wheel-4mx5m-101-END-TS12
<kuid2:82412:885182726:2> Road-Wheel-4mx4m-205-END-TS12

Back