Coal Loader Issue-Resolved

boleyd

After testing numerous coal loader assets, with no success, I found Nsw Loader and BI2 Fuel Extended(coal) to be the only assets that reliably loaded coal. Others failed to load the last car, failed to load the first car, failed to load any cars. Since BI12 Extended is just a piece of track, I set a nice dirty Tipple on top of it. The builtin track cause no issues.

Last edited:
When industries fail to load the first car(s) it is usually because the product queue starts at zero (or some other low value) and is not filling up fast enough to load the first car in the dock. When it fails to load the last car(s) it usually means that the industry product queue is empty and has not started to refill.

Adjusting the industry settings to increase the initial product queue size and the rate at which new product is added will most likely solve these issues.

I had the "in stock value" set to the max allowed by the assets.I tried various system level setting to no avail. After 4 loading stations failed I just used MSGSAPPERS BI2 Series product specific loaders and they appear to work. Time and fiddling around will tell.

I found that setting the start at the highest level, then set the topup at around 70% it refilled more often.
The other thing I do for long trains is to place a load track just past the main loader. This act like a topup as in real life after the cars are weighed.
Cheers,
Mike

Yes - another reliable coal loading track is <kuid:-25:1224> Multiple_Industry_New - which can be configured to deliver dependably large amounts of coal to suit any length of train - and which, when mated to a suitably dirty non-interactive tipple/ coal loader edifice in Surveyor, really looks the part too.
Still, it's hard to beat the delicious coal-dust animations associated with loading wagons with more limited quantity suppliers like <kuid2:60723:100068:1> NSW Coal Loader, or staples like <kuid:-25:1234> Coal Mine Basic, for shorter train loading operations.

Last edited:
I like the "BI2" solution, or some other independent "track only" items. I can choose the loader/tipple that suits the location, or my mood, and have full confidence that it will work. I agree with the unfortunate loss of lung searing coal dust not being available. But now I do not have to wear my Covid mask in a vain attempt to create reality. Also, the BI2 name sounds like a vitamin so it is good for your health as well.

Have you ever tried FG MovLoad Coal (5mph) by felix_g? It's a small section of track that does have the dust effects.
Dean

Back