Alias Mesh not found in dependency

nimec

After installing BNC&SJ RR from the DLS into build 105100 I have many tree errors with the message 'Alias Mesh not found in dependency etc'
To try to find the problem, I delete a couple and re download them but the replacements still carried the same error message. There are about 25 or more of them with that error.

Have also deleted a couple and copied and replaced them from my 105096 version where everything in this route is working perfectly with no errors at all.
A search of the forum yielded no answers and could find nor reference on the forum to the error but can they be fixed and what can I do try too fix them. Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers

Are these Speed Trees, nimec? If so, do you have the latest Library for that group of SpeedTrees? (Have you run an Update assets query for your local database recently?)
Perhaps if you could give us a couple of KUIDs as tree examples showing this error we can assist?
Presume you're bringing the BNC & SJ RR into TRS19 Platinum (so that we know what validation rules apply?)
Perhaps they are older versions of SpeedTrees that are no longer supported by T:ANE and TRS19?
Cheers, PC.

You probably hace installed several versions of the dependency (the library contailing the meshes). Delete/disable all old, obsolete versions of the dependency, keeping only the latest one active.

Peter

Make sure you have the asset installed that is shown in the message. Use download this version to only get that kuid. The mesh may be different in later verions of that asset.

Last edited:
Thank you guys. I use Trs19 build 105096 to 'proof' and fix [if I can] any third party routes, Locos and assets from TANE and Ts 12 that I want to import into Trs 19. Then if they are OK and without error, transfer the good copy into my Trs19 105100 platinum build.

I was doing this with the Bear Creek and South Jackson Route which I have working perfectly without error in the 105096 version. I made .cdp's of it [4.12 Gb in 5 cdp files] and imported them into the platinum version. It was unsuccessful, with hundreds of missing dependencies so I installed it again by downloading directly from the DLS this time into the 105100 platinum build and in addition to the missing dependencies struck the missing alias problem with 68 of the assets all coming up with the error message "installed from DLS, Faulty" .A database rebuild made no difference so as Peter suggested I deleted all the obsolete assets and that seems to have fixed it.

Still have a heap of missing dependencies which going by the authors names seem to relate to Trs 19 routes which I have installed in the ordinary build but have not installed in the Platinum build yet e. g. I have not Installed Tumes route nor any of Roys trains yet but but a big percentage of the missing dependencies are from these authors.

I would have thought that if they are on the DLS and in routes that come with Trs 19, any ofd thses dependencies that form part of another third party route would automatically download with that route, but seemingly not so? Any comment on that? Cheers

Edit: They actually come up as Unknown assete rather than missing assets Whats the difference? I dont understand.

Last edited:
Not all Tane assets transfer. Have you downloaded the TRS19 fixes and extra content from the content store?

Missing means they are on the DLS
Unknown are DLC or 3rd party sites

Last edited:
You obviously need to run the 'out of date' filter in CM, all assets that require updates will be listed, select all and right click and choose view asset version, in the new window sort on 'status' to put available for download at the top, then download all of these. When the download has completed, run the obsolete filter and delete ALL.
The best method to avoid downloading obsolete assets when downloading a new route is to 'download this version' and kill the download once the route file has installed. Then view dependencies for the route in CM (today filter works for me to find it) and download any marked available for download. With this method only the most recent version of any asset is downloaded rather than the version specified in the config.txt
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
There were242 unknown deps. So after downloading the additional TANE assets as suggested by Stagecoach the number was reduced to only 87 unknown ones and then after installing the Canadian Columbian River route there were only 33 left unknown, most of which are by gawpo50. Any idea which route he is a major contributor to?

Grazlash: I do use the download method you suggest when updating. PC Ace taught me that a few years ago but in this case, the unknown kuids are grey and wont download no matter what I do. Its a mater of actually getting the kuids rather than updating them at this stage and that method wont work. They wont update they wont download and using a right click and the 'List asset version' option etc is also all grey, and wont work. So based on the experience with the two installs as described its just a matter of finding the route that has a lot of gawpo50s assets in it and I may have cracked it.

This route I downloaded off the DLS and trying to fix by finding "unknown kuids' is Bear Creek and South Jackson <kuid:884720:100477> BCSJ-555-RHR and according to the creator Horace, was built to work in build 105100 so its surprising that they wont just all download with the route but require other routes to be installed. If its on the DLS why dont all the kuids come with it? Cheers

A route on the DLS may Have had DLC assets added. At one point in time some DLC assets showed up as built in and got used in routes. No way of knowing that at the time so they are looking for those assets from DLC routes.
C & O Hinton has a lot of gawpo50 assets.

Last edited:
Thank you stagecoach, much appreciated. You were right on the money and it cleared all the gawpo50 ones and left me only 8 unknown, which were by an assortment of authors and I was able to go back to the 105096 version and get them all. However as it the way, the very last one, which is an Auran 2.9 kuid has errors and a clean one will not download. It works OK in Trs 19 build 105096 but has texture errors in Trs 19 build 105100 the platinum version. I've deleted it four times, reinstalling it with a cdp file made from my 105096 copy plus deleting and downloading it twice from the DLS but still it has the errors.

The kuid is <kuid:565830:100171> (TS12) MuddyMossy Ground Its a Auran pay ware kuid and there are no updated assets the come up for it.
As it is Auran pay ware do you think it will also be tied to one of the routes I have not installed in my Trs105100 platinum version? It will download but not error free.
Cheers

<kuid:565830:100171> is used in "Kickstarter County" (T:ANE version) and "PRR T1 - A Fleet of Modernism" DLC.

Thanks HPL That route fixed it. I tried to fix the texture problem but it is an Auran pay ware kuid so unable to do it and had to download that route.
I have always been under the impression that when downloading a route off the DLS all route kuids would automatically download with it however this exercise has shown me that if the route is by a 3rd party creator that may not be the case particulary if the creator has used kuids from other DLC routes. Cheers

Back