Some errors with Content Store (105100)

Hi Mike_Brown
Could you please confirm for me what build number you have, and which of the Cornish and ECML routes you have installed (ie did you install the TANE or the TRS19 version of Cornish Mainlines and Branches, and did you install Edinburgh to Dundee or Kings Cross to Edinburgh for the ECML). That way we can test these routes here in the same build to check that they are installing correctly.

Regards

Firstly, thank you for the response - much appreciated.
Build No. is 106618. I downloaded from Content Store the "Cornish Mainline and Branches - Truro to Penzance" and the "ECML Kings Cross to Edinburgh". Versions downloaded were whatever was available in the Content Store on August 27th. Since I accessed the store via TRS19, I assumed they were the appropriate versions for TRS2019.

Good Afternoon Mike_Brown
It honestly sounds like the DLC packs may not have fully installed in this case. In this case I would suggest that you try manually re-installing the DLC pack using these steps:

1) Double click on the TRS19 icon on your desktop, then click on Trainz Settings.
2) Click on the 'Install' tab
3) Left click on the path shown in the 'LocalData Path' box, then press CTRL + A to select all, then press CTRL + C to copy it. The path will look something like 'C:/Users/%username%/AppData/Local/N3V Games/TRS19/build xxxxxxxx' if you have left this in the default location.
4) Shut down Trainz and ensure that trs19.exe had ended (check in Task Manager no other or trs19.exe processes are running)
5) Open Explorer (aka Windows Explorer, File Explorer, etc), then paste the path into the 'address' bar at the top of the screen.
6) Now open the folder called 'Packages'.
7) Please locate all folders starting with sc441 and sc297 in the Packages folder, and then delete them.
5) Once you have deleted these folders, please then run an extended database repair.

To do this, first click on 'developer' on the launcher screen, then hold down CTRL and left click on 'rebuild database'. Once the repair has completed, the sessions (and other assets in the DLC pack) should no longer appear in Trainz.

Please then try downloading just one of the DLC packs again through the Content Store. Once installed, please let us know if the route or it's sessions (where applicable) show any missing dependencies.

If it does not, then please try installing the other route again, and let us know if that one is missing any dependencies.

Regards

I have followed your routine, and searched for the packages you indicated.
Firstly I located the sc297 folders and deleted them, but could find no trace of sc441 folders. I then downloaded the sc297 again.
Opening TRS19 showed that the ECML route is there, but with no problems indicated. The Cornish route was also there, but now without any errors listed, Apart from the mystery of the missing sc441, the immediate problem would appear to be cleared up.
Problems that arose on a number of other (all UK based routes), following the original downloads on 27/8 still exist: fewer but still quite a few. These comprise a few faulty assets, a few assets that cannot be located and a whole bunch of unknown assets (plus a few payware items that are not activated). Some of these existed before I tried the ECML/Cornish downloads but not all of them.
Anyway, as I said, the major problem has been resolved, so many thanks for your assistance.

One problem remains, however. When downloading these two routes, I also tried to download the additional TANE assets for TRS19, and received the following error message:

CDP packabe failed:
Error: Failed to download precached data for package sc491d at version 194441 for platform standard-2.
1 Errors, 0 warnings

Will the routine you detailed above also resolve this issue?

Hi Mike_Brown
Apologies, there are two versions of the Cornish Mainlines and Branches route. If you don't have SC441 installed, then please try following the same steps but look for SC484 (this is the TRS19 version of the route).

In regards to the error you saw for sc491, this error can be safely ignored (click on 'retry' to clear it), as Trainz will be able to generate the precache data for the DLC pack when you first load the content within Driver or Surveyor. We are looking at possible improvements to some of these errors, in particular the precache one, since some of them will not affect using the DLC pack in Trainz :)

Regards

Thank you, Zec. Both routes now downloaded and show error free.
Now for the unknown locations, unknown and faulty assets and missing dependencies that exist on other routes (some of which seem to have arisen during this saga). To say nothing of the payware that hasn't been activated!!
Thanks again.

However, I did just try to download (from Content Store) updates for the Sebino Lake Route and the Coronation Scot. Both apparently failed, showing the following error message / s:

One or more of the installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resource simcsc407 / simctdd053.

Can this 'error' also be safely ignored, or is corrective action needed?

Last edited:
Hi Mike_Brown
My apologies, I only just saw your reply. Please keep in mind that we don't guarantee we'll be able to reply to ever post on the forums, as sometimes we may miss posts (especially if we need to log in for other reasons after that post was made, which renders is marked as 'read' despite never having been looked at).

The message you are seeing is due to Trainz not being able to correctly install the update. The easiest fix is to uninstall the DLC pack, and then install it again. This will ensure that the update is correctly installed.

Regards

Hi Mike_Brown
My apologies, I only just saw your reply. Please keep in mind that we don't guarantee we'll be able to reply to ever post on the forums, as sometimes we may miss posts (especially if we need to log in for other reasons after that post was made, which renders is marked as 'read' despite never having been looked at).

-snip-
Regards

Hello ZecMurphy... Merely pointing out that in post above you say "we don't guarantee we'll be able to reply to every post on the forums" but your signature says "Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums." Only pointing out the discrepancy and why some may think you might read/see every post. You may want to clarify your statement in your signature. When I feel I really need support from N3V (rare thing) I create a support ticket.

Last edited:
Back