Some errors with Content Store (105100)

Fercyful

Hi there! :wave:

Today I finally open the content store and try to install some updates waiting there and I'm getting a "version mismatch" with each of them. When I click on "view error" it show me the little window with the faulty package and when I close it the download start again with each of them (seems to try to install them once again from the recently downloaded cache)

When I open the game those routes seems to be there but the installed date of course is not today, they show the original dates so I think those never get updated (cos the error)

Please check this pic for see how the error is showing inside content store.

S.O.S. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi there! :wave:

Today I finally open the content store and try to install some updates waiting there and I'm getting a "version mismatch" with each of them. When I click on "view error" it show me the little window with the faulty package and when I close it the download start again with each of them (seems to try to install them once again from the recently downloaded cache)

When I open the game those routes seems to be there but the installed date of course is not today, they show the original dates so I think those never get updated (cos the error)

Please check this pic for see how the error is showing inside content store.

S.O.S. Thanks!

Yup this is a known issue. Ignore this error for now and don't click the button again, otherwise, you'll keep getting the long download.

I came across this problem a while ago too, but have only just come across this post, after getting a little frustrated about still not being able (apparently) to download a number of updates. Error message received is
"One or more of the installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resource 'simctdd035'" (The simcode varies according to the update being accessed.)

Having read the earlier posts, can someone please clarify that I ignore this message because:

a) it is a false error - ie the update did happen and the production of the message is the error, or
b) it is a genuine error, and the update did not happen.

If (a) no real problem other than a general sense of unease - but somebody should broadcast this information. (To all users? Or is it only particular users?)
If (b), when is it going to be fixed? As far as I am aware the error has existed since Content Store went live, and it disrepects the content creators, to deny the users the benefit of their committment, time and expertise.

Is there any further information available?

I came across this problem a while ago too, but have only just come across this post, after getting a little frustrated about still not being able (apparently) to download a number of updates. Error message received is
"One or more of the installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resource 'simctdd035'" (The simcode varies according to the update being accessed.)

Having read the earlier posts, can someone please clarify that I ignore this message because:

a) it is a false error - ie the update did happen and the production of the message is the error, or
b) it is a genuine error, and the update did not happen.

If (a) no real problem other than a general sense of unease - but somebody should broadcast this information. (To all users? Or is it only particular users?)
If (b), when is it going to be fixed? As far as I am aware the error has existed since Content Store went live, and it disrepects the content creators, to deny the users the benefit of their committment, time and expertise.

Is there any further information available?

Good questions and points. The not-real-problem happens to all of us. The Content Store is still a WIP like many aspects of Platinum and Plus. Maybe Tony will put us to ease with an update on this at some point soon(tm).

Thank you for that.
If as you say, Content Manager is a WIP, surely someone is monitoring it. Presumably the purpose of this monitoring is to log issues with a view to introducing appropriate fixes/enhancements at some point. I know there are important current developments in progress, but the ability to keep up to date the assets etc already in use surely must also have some priority.
Perhaps whoever is responsible for monitoring Content Store could give us an insight as to where the facility stands.

I believe some of the content store issues will be (are) resolved with coming new releases due to file format "upgrades" which deal with how content is packaged.

I'll leave timeframe comments to N3V but I will say as a Trainz Plus owner with a beta test install I can see some good things coming. Have you noticed the new TCCP forum?

I confess to being unaware of the new forum, but have now had a quick look. It seems to be of more immediate interest to Content Creators - for whom I have great respect. I have tried, but no longer have the patience nor the eye for detail the task demands.
For the same reasons I have not volunteered as a beta tester. Before becoming a man of so-called leisure, I spent a number of years user-testing industrial applications and no longer wish to submit to the discipline required for rigorous testing. I have settled into being an ordinary user, avoiding all technicalities and other niceties (although the nature of Trainz itself makes this very difficult at times!!
However, unless I've missed something, somewhere (quite possible, even probable, I admit), I am totally unaware of what those "good things coming" you mention, might be. Whatever they may be, the current thrust of this new development seems likely to deal with my original query only as "collateral benefit". I look forward to being proved a incorrigible pessimist.

Have you down loaded the additional Tane assets and TRS19 content fixes from the store? My install shows no errors for that product.

Hello. RE: My "Good things coming" comment.
I am a Gold/Plus subscriber and I have enjoyed having a separate beta install to check out the latest beta releases and such. But through this year I have been disappointed at the lack of beta releases and new content (routes, sessions, loco's, etc). I have also been disappointed that some sessions don't seem to work properly. I wondered.. why not more testing before release?

I was just about ready to call it quits with the Gold/Plus program when TCCP beta testing was announced just a short time ago. (N3V has been working on MPS but I'm not really interested in that and did not attempt to sign on as a tester.) TCCP peaked my interest so I signed up. From this came my "good things coming" comment. Store seems to work better and I can see that there is more content coming. (I am often shocked at N3V's lack of information but from I gather there is a new file format and new delivery system.) TCCP allows beta testers to communicate with the content creator with a structured reporting tool. Content is bound to be more stable once released. (If all runs well, it remains to be seen what final result will be.)

If a Trainzer' does not use the Store, or does not look forward to new releases of software, then this is likely "ho hum" info.

But as a Gold/Plus member, signing on with TCCP made things look much brighter to me. I can see that N3V is working to make things better and more stable, and that more content is coming.

Just my own personal opinion. I hope I'm not disappointed. My hopes are for the best for N3V and the whole Trainz community.

We can all hope for the best.
In my day (two decades ago) problems identified User Test teams during testing programme were logged and prioritised (in consultation with the users) and only very rarely was a "Development" permitted to pre-empt solving an existing error (especially one identified after signing off the system). Unfixed errors in a system with development projects in progress, can lead to complications further down the line.
Given the size and diversity of the Trainz client base, it is impractical to expect all users to be consulted on priorities. However there is no reason why the TCCP volunteers should not be kept abreast of the problems experienced by us other mortals, and have some input to the prioritisation process.
Having said that, the one enduring lesson I have learnt is, that no matter how good the test process, actual users of any system will always find things that the test team couldn't. Inevitable - it's simply another manifestation of Murphy's Law.

Hi Mike_Brown
There are some substantial changes coming with the new 'TCCP' DLC system. This is specifically for DLC packs (ie content installed via the 'content store' menu), but it will help to ensure that the downloads do download correctly. A big part of this is making the download a single file that Trainz uses natively, rather than multiple parts as 'cdp' files that then need to be unpacked/installed by Trainz.

However older DLC packs may not be updated to the new format immediately, generally they will only be updated if the DLC pack itself has an update released.

We are also looking at improvements to the handling of these errors, as many will not actually impact the operation of the DLC pack. However generally these errors will clear after clicking on 'retry'.

For the 'version mismatch' error, could you please try right clicking on the DLC pack in the Content Store, then click on 'uninstall'. Once it has uninstalled, please try downloading the DLC pack again by clicking on 'install'. This should then install the latest version of the DLC pack.

Regards

I have successfully completed the down loads I wanted. Reinstalling the ECML and Cornish routes threw up a couple of warning messages and I will check them out idc. Many thanks for your help.

However, the routes I now have listed in Surveyor now show that the Cornish and ECML routes each has a whole bunch of assets shown in Content Manager as "Location unknown". The vast majority of there are listed as having been authored by Auran. Other routes have also sprung such assets that I am certain were not there before. Most of them seem to be trees, but if N3V can't locate these assets, who can?

Back