Need Help With HTML Browser Presentation

RHKluckhohn

A lot of my sessions include/require a pop-up switch list. I have successfully been using the F7>Toggle Session Instructions option, setting the HTML Browser to use index.html of Control Select HTML (or is it Control_Select.HTML? Don't remember.)

Because that also opens the last message pop-up, I'd like to access the switch list a different way, but haven't found where the Control Select HTML file is located to see what's available.

In 2004/06, there was a tutorial button that could be placed on-screen and used in similar fashion, and I see it listed in the available HTML assets in T:ANE. I've searched the wiki with no luck in finding how to apply that. Can someone please point me the right way?

:B~)

Not sure what you mean by "I'd like to access the switch list a different way". It is possible to place a hyperlink into a Trainz HTML page that only links to a page you create on the Trainz Wiki site. I am using this in my latest project because it allows you to have the instruction page(s) open in a browser window outside of the Trainz environment.

Have you checked out the Trainz Wiki tutorial for creating HTML assets and message popups at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Create_a_HTML_Asset

Not sure what you mean by "I'd like to access the switch list a different way". It is possible to place a hyperlink into a Trainz HTML page that only links to a page you create on the Trainz Wiki site. I am using this in my latest project because it allows you to have the instruction page(s) open in a browser window outside of the Trainz environment.

Have you checked out the Trainz Wiki tutorial for creating HTML assets and message popups at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Create_a_HTML_Asset

Thanks for your response! The link looks very helpful, but scanning the pages does not present an immediate solution. Further study may help.

What I want to do is to let the user pop up the switch list HTML without using one of the menu selections, because that may interfere with the behavior of a session created by someone else. And as noted, using toggle session instructions invokes the latest Message Pop-up along with the switch list. (I find that the message pop-up appears top left over the switch list in spite of being placed "bottom left.") Ideally there would be a button on screen which, when clicked, toggles the switch list on or off. I think I'll start by examining the behavior of the Tutorial Button HTML asset.

The problem you will have is that all HTML options are stored in a session, not the route. So anything you create there will interfere with the behaviour of, or just simply be ignored by, any session created by another user.

Last edited:
The problem you will have is that all HTML options are stored in a session, not the route. So anything you create there will interfere with the behaviour of, or just simply be ignored by, any session created by another user.

Good point. I do provide a basic session, however, and suggest using it to create further sessions. If the trigger asset is included in the basic session, it will be available in subsequent creations and the user will have the choice of using it or deleting it.

Your interesting earlier suggestion of using an external browser implies that you run in either windowed mode or with multiple monitors. I don't have room for the latter and by preference run full-screen.

Back