payware or not?

Ghost42

Is there a way of checking the status of the asset in surveyor or is it a matter of having CM open to check before adding to the route?
It's a bummer to find you have added payware then having to replace later.
Thanks.

Not that I know of. It's also useful to check via CM so you can see this, and also how old the asset is in terms of build version. I spent 2 years making one route, so by the time I finised I knew there was no payware in it.

Not that I know of. It's also useful to check via CM so you can see this, and also how old the asset is in terms of build version. I spent 2 years making one route, so by the time I finised I knew there was no payware in it.

Thanks, I have 2 screens so I'll monitor the assets as I use them.

You can use the same filters in Surveyor as you have in Content Manager.

So:
Payware = False

Now it could be that you have payware installed from 3rd party sites. That content is not flagged as Payware but instead will be flagged as locally modified. So if you want to exclude external content (both payware and freeware and as such save future appreciators a KUID hunt), make the filter like this:
Payware = False
Locally modified = False

... but that would also exclude your own made content, so if you want to keep that in, add:
And Not
Author = #self

... but current built-in content might not be uploaded to the DLS for a long time after the next version of the game is released, so you could also consider adding:
And Not
Built-in = True

You can save filters in Surveyor, so save it as "No payware" filter or something like that.

You can use the same filters in Surveyor as you have in Content Manager.

So:
Payware = False

Now it could be that you have payware installed from 3rd party sites. That content is not flagged as Payware but instead will be flagged as locally modified. So if you want to exclude external content (both payware and freeware and as such save future appreciators a KUID hunt), make the filter like this:
Payware = False
Locally modified = False

... but that would also exclude your own made content, so if you want to keep that in, add:
And Not
Author = #self

... but current built-in content might not be uploaded to the DLS for a long time after the next version of the game is released, so you could also consider adding:
And Not
Built-in = True

You can save filters in Surveyor, so save it as "No payware" filter or something like that.

Done, thanks.

Back