Drive via trackmark question

TRS 2019 here. My problem:

Session is programmed for Consist 123 to:
Drive via trackmark A
Drive via trackmark B
Drive to industry C

There is a junction between Trackmark B and Industry C. There are no other consists nearby.

The train correctly drives via Trackmark A, but Trackmark A doesn't drop off the schedule (at the bottom of the screen) in driver. So the train continues on, but because it doesn't recognize it passed Trackmark A, it doesn't yet know about Trackmark B and therefore fails to change the junction direction thus failing to head toward Trackmark B. At some point it reverses direction to further search but that's no way to run a railway.

I have removed, renamed and re-added Trackmark A and then modified the session accordingly, but still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

For some reason the driver is not seeing track mark A when it gets there. Could it be to close to a junction, in which case it is shadowed by the junction.

Well it's worth a try. So I moved Trackmark A about a half km down the line from where it had been before. And.......it worked. Very quirky.
Thanks for the suggestion.

For some reason the driver is not seeing track mark A when it gets there. Could it be to close to a junction, in which case it is shadowed by the junction.

Another reason why the driver might not see track mark A is that some users tend to set the trackmark radius quite low. With a low radius, if the train is travelling at a fair speed when it reaches trackmark A then it might miss the track mark. The same applies to junctions.

The explanation that I believe applies is that the train periodically strobes the track and if finds itself within the radius of a trackside object then it takes action. With a fast train and a small radius it is possible that the strobe will miss the circle defined by the radius unless the radius is big enough to cover two strobes. In general, 20 metres should be safe for most trains.

The timing of the strobes also plays a part. Moving the trackmark 10 metres to one side could cause the strobe to hit or miss, given the same set of starting conditions. This might explain the quirkyness.

Trevor

Back