Pop-Up message from a driver command?

davidbird

ex-Chilwellian
Is there an AI driver command that will produce a pop-up message to the user? Similar to the "Message pop-Up" rule, that has an option which will pause the AI schedule until the user acknowledges the message.
Or is there another way of achieving this?

There is a Traffic Notice command <kuid2:96148:94030:4> that might be in the PLL Signal Box sessions package. See PLL > Downloads > Full Route. I haven't tried it recently and don't remember what controls it.

I worked with Ken Green to make a driver command Driver Alert 2 that pops up a window with a message. The text of the message is placed in the Input Table. This version doesn't halt the schedule but there was an earlier version that did do that. The command is not on the DLS yet but could be uploaded soon.

Cheers - Trevor

Thanks very much Trev. I can't find the Traffic Notice in the PLL Signal Box sessions package - would it be in the full version of the route? But from the description it doesn't seem as if it is what I'm looking for.
However the Driver Alert 2 command sounds ideal, especially as I don't think I do need the pause schedule feature.
If that could be on the DLS...

Thanks very much. It seems to be ideal, just what I wanted. I'm working up a demo route & session, I'll send you a copy.

Back