Dockyard track required

lenscab

Hi,, I am trying to find a track for my dockyard where the rails do not stick up, I would like them level with the ground but I`m having no luck at the moment.
Has anyone any that they can suggest please?.
Len

lenscab - Have you tried adjusting (downwards) the vertex height at the spline joins on that track? (Advanced properties menu in the track mode). Or alternatively, raised the tarmac slightly so that the rail just shows above?

Do what post #2 says. A fine adjustment for the spline happens when you press CTRL simultaneously with the height of the spline.

Len,

Check out these assets from the DLS and maybe built-in.

<kuid2:52519:38010:1> 3 Track Dock Double Sides End
<kuid2:52519:38014:1> 3 Track Dock Right Single Side End
<kuid2:52519:38038:1> 3 Track Dock Left Single Side End
<kuid2:52519:38037:1> 2 Track Dock Left Single Side
<kuid2:52519:38003:1> 2 Track Dock Right Single Side
<kuid2:52519:38036:1> 2 Track Dock Left Single Side End
<kuid2:52519:38039:1> 3 Track Dock Left Single Side
<kuid2:52519:38015:1> 2 Track Dock Right Single Side End
<kuid2:52519:38011:1> 2 Track Dock Double Sides End
<kuid2:52519:38006:1> 3 Track Dock Double Sides
<kuid2:52519:38007:1> 2 Track Dock Double Sides
<kuid2:52519:38002:1> 3 Track Dock Right Single Side

The track is integrated into the dock surface. All you need to do is add scenery, bollards, and adjust heights.

Thanks for those Dock Track suggestions, John. I was in the market for creating a new dock/ seaport for my current project route and these may be a great potential solution!
Cheers. PC.

Thanks for those Dock Track suggestions, John. I was in the market for creating a new dock/ seaport for my current project route and these may be a great potential solution!
Cheers. PC.

You're welcome. These are great assets and are easy to place since they are track. I customized some for myself and turned the tarmac to concrete. They are pretty easy to reskin if needed.

G'day Len,

Not sure if it's exactly what you're after, but there is also <kuid2:37581:80001:1> RTRAX Streetrun 1 by therock. It's a "flat" track that doesn't stick up, but really looks the part I think. Here's an example of it.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers,
Piere.

'Nuther great suggestion, Piere! Looks great with stained, cracked asphalt. Nice screenshot, BTW!

Wow,, some good stuff here, is the cracked concrete built in before I look?. The thing is now I have a couple of unloaders on the port that will not height adjust, which makes it look B awful,, can that be altered?.
Len

Wow,, some good stuff here, is the cracked concrete built in before I look?. The thing is now I have a couple of unloaders on the port that will not height adjust, which makes it look B awful,, can that be altered?.
Len

G'day Len,

The cracks around the track are part of the track asset, while the amazing asphalt textures are on the DLS if you search for "City Street" or "City Dirt". The TANE versions are by Smyers while the TRS2019 versions (which include "PBR" in the titles) say they're by Itated27. They are absolutely brilliant for urban / industrial areas.

Cheers,
Piere.

Len

There is a way to make uploaders height adjust. Add height-range -3000,3000 to the asset's config file, but be aware this will only affect your local installation and won't carry over should you unload your route/layout to the DLS.

G'day Len,

Not sure if it's exactly what you're after, but there is also <kuid2:37581:80001:1> RTRAX Streetrun 1 by therock. It's a "flat" track that doesn't stick up, but really looks the part I think. Here's an example of it.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers,
Piere.
My only objection to that superb track is that it is not procedural, so at turnouts, it does not show the moving blades. Still I am using it where there are no points.

Hi all,,,, Thanks John , I wish I knew about the docks assets before as I have already done my own but I would use them in the future. I would have to ask you how to reskin though, sorry.
Okay Piere,,, so what track do you use for the points sections please?
Len

Hi all,,,, Thanks John , I wish I knew about the docks assets before as I have already done my own but I would use them in the future. I would have to ask you how to reskin though, sorry.
Len

Reskin is simple.

All done in content manager:
- Open a texture you like in Explorer. Concrete is a good one for example.
- Copy the .tga texture file to another location such as your desktop.
- Close the folder and revert that texture since you got what you need.

- Clone the dock you want to modify.
- Change the view to open for edit.
- Open up "New Asset" in Explorer.
- Edit the config.txt file to change the Username (the asset name) to something you want.
- Take note of the texture name for the dock. Write it down...
- Rename that texture to something else to save it. I put _old in the name, or delete it... I always rename to be safe.
- Copy in your concrete texture, in the example from above, rename that to the name used by the original texture used for the dock.

- Close your folder.
- Back in content manager, submit the asset.

- If no errors, you have a new one of your own to use.

Hi all,,,,
Len

G'day Len,

I don't use anything different for the points, i use the same track. You may be thinking of llebrez's comment?

May I interrupt to ask what Route the above pic is from? Thanks very much.
Edit.. hummm Oyster Bay perhaps? :)

G'day 1611mac,

Yes, it's a modified version of Whamm0's excellent Oyster Bay layout.

Cheers,
Piere.

Back