Newbie KUID and dependencies question

jimtrainz68

I've never played any version of Trainz but recently purchased the 2019 Platinum Edition. I really want to get into this game so I'm posting my first (of what will probably be many) questions.

What is the best way to handle the following issues?

PortOgden&Northern 2a
Third Party, Missing dependencies
<kuid2:69871:2010:2>
01 Monday - Route Learning
Open for edit, Missing dependencies
<kuid2:92924:100762:1>
CP Container Flat1
Open for edit, Missing dependencies
<kuid:95761:15070>
100-ton 4-bay Hopper, WL&G
Installed from DLS, Missing dependencies
<kuid2:124017:5014:2>
2. Timber 2a
<kuid:522774:100238>
52ft Gondola CEFX 1
<kuid2:178126:100256:4>
52ft Gondola CEFX 2
<kuid2:178126:100257:4>
Logs 50ft Clinch empty
<kuid2:62941:16315:6>
NP_grn_40ft_xm
<kuid2:78865:15016:2>
UP GP60 #2024
<kuid2:113556:1000017:2>
Andrea
Built-in, Missing dependencies
<kuid2:74906:23901:1>
n_man_walk_3
<kuid2:370528:1162:1>
Pro Trainz® ETR 1000 - Frecciarossa 9705
<kuid2:212731:501126:2>
Pro Trainz® ETR 1000 - Highspeed Run
<kuid2:212731:501127:1>

Any thoughts, guidance, websites, links, starting points, etc. will be greatly appreciated by this Trainz newbie...:)

Thanks,

Last edited:
Use Content Manager - select "Manage Content" from the Trainz Launcher.

The "Open for Edit" is easy - just select those items, then right mouse click and select "Submit Edits". (But this will not solve their "Missing dependencies")

"Missing dependencies" is usually handled by selecting those items, right mouse click and select "Download".

"Third Party" is unusual - it usually indicates that the source of the asset is not from the DLS, DLC or built-in. But it has popped up recently on a few DLC assets that I have installed, probably a "glitch" but it can be ignored.

I would also recommend doing a DBR (Database Repair). You do this from Content Manager by opening the Developer menu and select "Rebuild Database". This can take a few minutes or a lot more depending on how many assets you have installed.

Hi Jim --

PO&N 2a is one of my routes. It was done an eternity ago for a much earlier version of Trainz. I suspect that you are getting the missing dependencies message because I used content that was built-in with Trainz 04 (or whichever version of Trainz it was) but is no longer built-in to TRS19 and is not on the Download Station.

Yes, do a DBR. Check for Open for Edit. Right click and see if anything downloads.

And a suggestion -- I have several TRS19 routes and layouts on the Download Station. They use only built-in and Download Station content so you will have no missing dependencies. If you want to find the routes open Manage Content and set the filters to search by author. Search for philskene. Look for routes and sessions beginning with "TRS19". If you like longer routes, this is one of them:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?157492-Newish-TRS19-route-The-Rivercide-Railroad-Co

If you like smaller switching layouts try this:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?158162-New-layout-The-Deepwater-Railroad-Company

And welcome to Trainz. I hope you enjoy the ride.

Phil

Use Content Manager - select "Manage Content" from the Trainz Launcher.

The "Open for Edit" is easy - just select those items, then right mouse click and select "Submit Edits". (But this will not solve their "Missing dependencies")

"Missing dependencies" is usually handled by selecting those items, right mouse click and select "Download".

"Third Party" is unusual - it usually indicates that the source of the asset is not from the DLS, DLC or built-in. But it has popped up recently on a few DLC assets that I have installed, probably a "glitch" but it can be ignored.

I would also recommend doing a DBR (Database Repair). You do this from Content Manager by opening the Developer menu and select "Rebuild Database". This can take a few minutes or a lot more depending on how many assets you have installed.

Thank for the information...I'm just getting started and my knowledge base is beginning...:)

Hi Jim --

PO&N 2a is one of my routes. It was done an eternity ago for a much earlier version of Trainz. I suspect that you are getting the missing dependencies message because I used content that was built-in with Trainz 04 (or whichever version of Trainz it was) but is no longer built-in to TRS19 and is not on the Download Station.

Yes, do a DBR. Check for Open for Edit. Right click and see if anything downloads.

And a suggestion -- I have several TRS19 routes and layouts on the Download Station. They use only built-in and Download Station content so you will have no missing dependencies. If you want to find the routes open Manage Content and set the filters to search by author. Search for philskene. Look for routes and sessions beginning with "TRS19". If you like longer routes, this is one of them:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?157492-Newish-TRS19-route-The-Rivercide-Railroad-Co

If you like smaller switching layouts try this:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?158162-New-layout-The-Deepwater-Railroad-Company

And welcome to Trainz. I hope you enjoy the ride.

Phil

Hi,

Thank you for your input as my journey into Trainz is beginning. I've discovered a bit more about how the Download Station works which is a good start I guess...:)

Anyway I went ahead and took your suggestion and downloaded the Deepwater Railroad and all 4 sessions. The route and sessions show up in My Collection now...although I haven't tried to run them yet. I do have some missing dependencies (below) however, and was wondering if their absence would possibly cause a session to crash at some point.

<kuid2:44700:27912:1>Small SawmillUnable to download asset. File not available on server.
<kuid:-1:100264>Tside Signal Box1Unable to download asset. File not available on server.
<kuid:76656:60024>SEN CITY Siding Gate 2Installed from DLS, Missing dependencies
<kuid:11:32001>1 track fabricatedUnable to download asset. File not available on server.

Any additional assistance would be great.

Thanks again.

1) <kuid2:44700:27912:1>Small SawmillUnable to download asset. File not available on server.
2) <kuid:-1:100264>Tside Signal Box1Unable to download asset. File not available on server.
<kuid:76656:60024>SEN CITY Siding Gate 2Installed from DLS, Missing dependencies
<kuid:11:32001>1 track fabricatedUnable to download asset. File not available on server.

1) https://www.auran.com/DLS/DLS_downloadasset.php?DownloadID=196816

The original is found on the DLS. Ensure you have installed the T:ANE pack for TRS2019. I think the updated version will be found in there. If not, you can download this original using FTP link (It's an automatic thing), then dragging the cdp into your Content Manager window.

2) Available in TRS2009 and TS2010 built-in. Not built-in on TRS2019

3) These are the dependencies for the SEN City Gate: <kuid2:1942:38107:1> Siding Gate 2, and <kuid:11:32001> 1 track fabricated

Your session won't crash without these assets. The siding gate can be replaced with another. For siding gates look for those by yukonzoom on the DLS. He's got a bunch of them (19 actually) and one will suit your needs. I recommend replacing assets on the route its self and using the delete missing assets to remove references to the old ones, otherwise, you'll still see missing dependencies for the route.

Jim --

At this stage I'd recommended an extended database repair. The very first screen (the Launcher) / Developer / press Ctrl and select Rebuild Database.

When that's completed, from the same Launcher screen select "Manage Content". Scroll down the list until you find "TRS19 - The Deepwater ... ."

If it still has a message "Missing Dependencies", right click / Download. It should download the missing dependencies.

If it does not, right click / List Dependencies. If any dependencies are listed as missing, right click on them to download.

If all this fails, you will need to go to the while pages, here:

https://www.auran.com/DLS/index.php

You may need to log in. Search for the missing dependencies. Under the thumbnail click "Download Page" / Download FTP. Drag and drop the file that is downloaded into Manage Content.

You should then be good to go. It may not be any consolation, but you are the first with this problem.

Please tell us how you go. Feedback is important to us. It will help us if someone else encounter a similar problem.

Now to actually run the sessions, Launcher / Start Trainz / Driver/Surveyor / Select Route / View Sessions.

Phil

The "Open for Edit" is easy - just select those items, then right mouse click and select "Submit Edits".
I disagree. This would result in an asset being flagged as locally modified, making it useless for multiplayer (and giving you errors about that if you try in the future).
Instead, use "revert to original". This will remove the "locally modified flag" for stuff downloaded from the DLS. It will also fix problems for when you managed to get built-in assets "open for edit".

This is the flag assets will (also) get that are on the DLS but still hidden when you search for them in Content Manager. For me that has been the only reason I have ever seen that flag.
I get that flag all the time when I have uploaded a new version of an asset, delete the new and older version on my local machine and try to download the older version; it will trigger the download of the newer version already, which is flagged as "third party" till 0-48 hours later the assets shows up on the DLS.
This will also happen when an asset is on the Content Repair List and not listed in Content Manager.

Thank for the information...I'm just getting started and my knowledge base is beginning...:)

Hello and welcome. The best advice I can give you is to read the major sections of the forums every day. I had no idea what I was getting when I purchased TRS19. Most content you will use will be from users/contributors. They (and you) can create their own Routes, Sessions, content, rules, scripts, etc. etc. And every item depends on all other items so a problem anywhere and things come crashing down.

When I come across very good threads in the forum I save them (links) and categorize them. Discussions on Crossing types, Signals, Interlocking Towers, etc, etc, etc,

Also, learn the Content Manager as best you can. Set it up with all columns showing. It can tell you a LOT. It's a lot more powerful than it seems and with it you can solve a lot of issues when they arise. Here is one example: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ctually-loaded-in-game)&p=1782687#post1782687

Jim --

One of the "issues" of becoming a senior is that I forget some past events. I now recall that I've faced a similar problem to yours some time ago.

It's partly due to the kuid system used by N3V. kuid2:xxx:xxx:4 will, for example, obsolete :3. But if I've used :3 in my layout and the latest on the Download Station is :4, Manage Content will ignore the :3 and try to download :4. If :4 has in some way restricted access you can't download it. And Manage Content will still ignore :3.

The work around is to set the Manage Content filters to something like Installed = False; Name = .... . Or Installed = False; Kuid = .... . It should then show a list of assets with that name or kuid. For instance, if you used xxx:xxx it will show :1, :2, ;3, ... .

Right click to download the highest version you can.

Phil

In CM you can also see all the versions of an asset by right clicking on the asset and then selecting "List Asset Versions." A new window will open showing all versions of that asset.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I will be trying things out over the weekend and relaying the results.

As of right now I cannot add an attachment (i.e., screenshots) which would make things a lot easier. Not sure if/when I will be able to do so. Maybe after a certain number of posts?

Thanks,

In-game screenshots can be uploaded to Trainz Gallery and linked from there. Once in a while I have put other screenshots into the screenshots folder, then uploaded them from in-game. You don't want them oversize though. I try not to exceed about 800x600pixels

Last edited:
Ok...I've been learning some stuff. Next issue is that I am looking for this KUID since a few things are missing this dependency.

FET-Ballast.jpg

Yet when I click to download version 2 it says the file is not on the server.

FET-Ballast1.jpg

So yeah...being a newbie and all...I really have no idea what is going on with this...:)

Thanks for any help.

Jim

I have found two more...although they both show only one version available for download.

<kuid:61119:28013> Loading Bank Small
<kuid:-1:100792> usa forest 2

But they both fail as well...:eek:

Back