Running numbers gone on ES44 after switching fx_loco.gs script to JR_loco.gs script

FresnoRailfanner005

Prime Mover Simulations
Hello everyone,

Recently, I purchased a Union Pacific ES44AC locomotive off of Jointed Rail's website so I can use it on TRS2019. I enjoyed it, but after a few weeks, I discovered how to make advanced engine-sounds that are compatible with the JR_loco.gs script that Jointed Rail has included in most of their locomotives. These advanced engine-sounds have startup and shutdown sounds, and...you won't believe this...DYNAMIC BRAKING...oooh...ahhhh!!! I decided to edit my GEVO enginesound that I use on most of my ES44 locomotives to advanced by adding some startup/shutdown sounds, and dynamic braking sounds. The problem, however is that most of the ES44 locomotives that I own use the fx_loco.gs script rather than the JR_loco.gs script. Because of this, I had to reorganize and modify the config file on my UP ES44AC since that was the only way to get it to work, and sure enough I was able to get the JR_script to work on the UP ES44AC. The main problem however...the running numbers have dissapeared!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I'm not sure what exactly I did wrong here. Could anyone by any chance help me resolve this issue?

DISCLAIMER: This is just for my personal use. I do not plan on redistributing any of the content that I modify as I am not allowed to since a majority of the content that I use is someone else's work.

Many thanks!

You can not just change scripts, the one you removed had the running numbers code the other did not.

If he's lucky, they might be in a .gs he could include? Check the included .gs files listed at top of script, see if any are different/missing?

Short answer to the op's problem....not going to happen. JR's loco scripts are all encoded and locked. He can send an email to norfolksouthern37 to see if he would add that into his script but I doubt it will happen.

jr_loco.gs should cause the asset to use the Train Effects Library, which itself under class loco is merely a very very updated version of the fx_loco.gs so there should be no issue with the running numbers. In short I do not think the issue lies with the script and you are probably okay if you just used the jr_loco.gs from another item, I think it is some other thing happening to the asset or config that is causing the numbers not to show. check the config file's fonts-path tag.

jr_loco.gs should cause the asset to use the Train Effects Library, which itself under class loco is merely a very very updated version of the fx_loco.gs so there should be no issue with the running numbers. In short I do not think the issue lies with the script and you are probably okay if you just used the jr_loco.gs from another item, I think it is some other thing happening to the asset or config that is causing the numbers not to show. check the config file's fonts-path tag.

That is exactly what I did. I used the jr_loco.gs script from the KCS Southern Belle ES44AC (which was the only ES44 that I have with that particular script), except when I did that it ended up showing up as faulty. I ended up needing to copy and paste the KCS ES44's config file, and changed a few of the tags that needed needed to be changed such as the kuid of the locomotive, the asset username, and any third party assets that I used on this locomotive, among other tags. Somehow it caused the locomotive to end up becoming not faulty and without any issues, with the exception for the running numbers of course. Going back to your suggestion on the fonts path tag, it is set at 3.

Here is the config file for the UP ES44AC in case if anyone needs to see it.

If he's lucky, they might be in a .gs he could include? Check the included .gs files listed at top of script, see if any are different/missing?

Going back to this, opening up the jr_loco.gs script reads this text on notepad

"include "fx_loco.gs"

class JRLoco isclass FX_Loco{};"

You are missing a "fonts-path "car" ", that will stop ARN from working. Note that "car" is the first 3 letters of the digits folder.

You are missing a "fonts-path "car" ", that will stop ARN from working. Note that "car" is the first 3 letters of the digits folder.

Idk what this means but the fonts-path tag should be set as "mesh" for this model and it is according to his config.

back to the OP - What i see in the config is that the main mesh is named "locomotive" which follows since you took the config from a locomotive that has a separate running number model applied. change this "locomotive" entry to be "default" and the numbers should return. you also need to change any reference to that mesh as well, so where the following entries say

Code:
att-parent    "locomotive"

needs to be

Code:
att-parent    "default"

That should get you set up.

Idk what this means but the fonts-path tag should be set as "mesh" for this model and it is according to his config.

back to the OP - What i see in the config is that the main mesh is named "locomotive" which follows since you took the config from a locomotive that has a separate running number model applied. change this "locomotive" entry to be "default" and the numbers should return. you also need to change any reference to that mesh as well, so where the following entries say

Code:
att-parent    "locomotive"

needs to be

Code:
att-parent    "default"

That should get you set up.

Alright, so I did exactly that and...

I got the running numbers to work! :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you very much norfolksouthern37 for helping me out with this problem. If I do happen to encounter any similar problems like this I might bump this thread (which may not happen, we'll see). And thank you to everyone else who helped out too.

You should make a video, and show off these fabulous locos and effects :cool:

I definitely might consider it, however I'm planning to make my YouTube channel dedicated towards actual rail-fanning rather than Trainz gameplay. If I decide to do that, I may just make a separate channel with gameplay videos instead.

Back