Trainz Plus Beta 108251 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
The latest update is available on the Trainz Plus Beta Stream (PC Only).

MPS is still disabled and we'll check how this build goes before unleashing everyone onto our new collaborative route building tools (which also allow persistent multiplayer operations as well).

Installed OK. Got some built-ins with these missing dependencies which I found in my regular TRS19 installation:

<kuid2:283805:55001:8> BR Class 55 blue TOPS 1976 (payware)
<kuid2:79563:1185:3> BR Class 47 blue (built in)
<kuid2:116296:120:4> GWR loco lamp (built in)

Which items were actually missing?
How was the content originally installed in this build? (First one is from Bea-Dawe).
Does Content Store show Bea-Dawe as installed and requiring an update?
Installing it fresh here shows no missing deps.

Last edited:
Which items were actually missing?
How was the content originally installed in this build? (First one is from Bea-Dawe).
Does Content Store show Bea-Dawe as installed and requiring an update?

The three assets I quoted in post #2. They are dependencies of these assets:

<kuid2:515726:1247:3> GWR King class tender new
<kuid2:661281:100034:5> Newcastle Shunter
<kuid2:661281:100037:5> The Flying Scotsman - 1920s

Bea Dawe is not installed although I may have had it installed earlier. I was having so many problems with clean installations I pruned out anything I was unlikely to use.

Sorry now I understand.

So Flying Scotsman and Newcastle Shunter are installed and showing missing assets. Uninstalling and reinstalling would fix the issue, and how it got to this state is most likely moving stuff around manually (something we're trying to avoid with the introduction of the .tzarc format which is soon to be unleashed). That should then prevent problems occurring and/or enable them to be fixed by reinstalling/updating.

So Flying Scotsman and Newcastle Shunter are installed and showing missing assets. Uninstalling and reinstalling would fix the issue, and how it got to this state is most likely moving stuff around manually (something we're trying to avoid with the introduction of the .tzarc format which is soon to be unleashed). That should then prevent problems occurring and/or enable them to be fixed by reinstalling/updating.

Doing that changed nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled four times with the same result. The last time I uninstalled, ran a database repair and tried installing again. Same error. The relevant package folders are being removed from the packages folder.

I give up.

newcastle.jpg

sc565 Ottertail to Castle jct. sessions go haywire in the new build 108251. 2 consists/drivers are ghost and lost in space in all sessions......

sc565 Ottertail to Castle jct. sessions go haywire in the new build 108251. 2 consists/drivers are ghost and lost in space in all sessions......
Roy, it seems like a glitch in the graphics engine of this build: it takes a while, but eventually all trains, tracks etc appear.

No, i could repro it several times starting in driver both sessions and each time only sean and kenny consist.
Now the surprise of the day is when you start in surveyor and than hit F1 and see all drivers appear normal although loading graphics is a lot slower than former version!
But at least all drivers/consists show.
Now starting the driver sessions and no more ghosts of kenny and sean.
Bizar and scary, so much work and testing and all worked fine to very well and open the session today in this release was quiet shocking.
Now other stuff i noticed that 2 or 3 other routes had now a bunch of missing dependencies where in the former release they all were clean and working fine.

With the new build 108251 I have five faulty built in assets:
<kuid:122860:100422> rock010 seasonal
<kuid:122860:100421> rock011 seasonal
<kuid:204087:25011> Gartenstuhl
<kuid:122860:100419> rock013 seasonal
<kuid2:78638:100120:2> V flat_car 1 v3

The assets by roystrainz have the following errors:
- <kuid:122860:100422> VE73: Image file 'rock010.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file.
- <kuid:122860:100422> VE73: Image file 'normal rock010.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file.
- <kuid:122860:100422> VE73: Image file 'rock010.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file.
- <kuid:122860:100422> VE73: Image file 'normal rock010.tga' is incorrectly used as both a texture.txt source file and a raw image file.

The errors of the flat car:
- <kuid2:78638:100120:2> MeshObjectSpec::LinkSpecs> Asset is missing required mesh <kuid2:568300:100257:3> for attachment effect 'front_couple'
- <kuid2:78638:100120:2> MeshObjectSpec::LinkSpecs> Asset is missing required mesh <kuid2:568300:100257:3> for attachment effect 'back_couple'
- <kuid2:78638:100120:2> VE199: Asset <kuid2:78638:100120:2> failed to load. Unloading resources.

The error of the garden chair (Gartenstuhl)
- <kuid:204087:25011> VE242: Unable to load animation file 'anim.kin' (file not found, or is damaged).

Edit: The faulty assets have all been "Modified, Faulty". After "Reverting to original" the assets are now ok, except the flatcar, which do not longer show any faults, but the "Preview asset" is not possible.

Regards
Swordfish

Last edited:
Still got the anim.kin issues that were fine before this beta and a load of faulty stuff that wasn't before.

Hi Tony & Crew

Experiencing CTD and re-producible every time when:
1. Content Manager - Preview mode - Eggliners (all)
2. CTD Surveyor mode when pulling up Eggliner (all) in pick box
3. CTD when opening any route in driver that has an Eggliner(s) in it.

I have opened a range of other assets with lower and higher mb's all ok in Preview mode, the Eggliners do not indicate any faults.
Will raise a Helpdesk on this.

Some updates:

1. No problems with Eggliners here. Please include the KUIDs of all deps in your bug report. I'd suggest checking that you have the latest deps, and if you do, try an EDR to reset your database.

2. Animations - this is a configuration error. Test case: <kuid:204087:25004>
This includes the line "autoanimation 1". The system is expecting an animation and there isn't one. Removing that line resolves the problem.

3. With the new build 108251 I have five faulty built in assets:
>>
No faults shown in those items here. Are they showing as installed payware in CM? If not, reinstall
Canadian Rocky Mountains - Kicking Horse Canyon

4. The faulty assets have all been "Modified, Faulty". After "Reverting to original" the assets are now ok, except the flatcar, which do not longer show any faults, but the "Preview asset" is not possible.
>>
I missed this, so you've solved that one (but leaving the message there for anyone else with the same issue).
The flatcar preview asset is working fine here.

5. Roy - I think that your problem has resolved itself (it is hard to understand exactly).

It would seem from the majority of issues that there are problems with the way assets are installed. Manually moving builtin and payware is not encouraged. A fresh local data folder and downloading the DLC items is the recommended approach.

Hi Tony,

Eggliners are all good now check an asset which had a script - forced a validation and all Eggliners are go.
Put in a ticket but let them know it was all good and how fixed.

Possible other folks may have script file issues because the asset(s) did not validate on update & DBR.

Thanks Tony

Got a bunch of assertion errors while driving a session then exiting back to menu.

Got this one while driving - doing nothing out of the ordinary and this route works fine in 106618 and in the previous beta.

World-Coordinates.jpg
After awhile the AI started to act weird by ignoring signals, missing basic commands like STOP, etc. When I exited the session, I got the following errors:

When exiting a session.jpgWhen exiting a session 2.jpg When exiting a session 3.jpg

Finally after the third error, the session exited back to the main menu and I could close down to the launcher because I was going to edit the route to fix somethings I found during the drive.

I have downloaded the new map "Datsun Junction" by scratchy. Opening it is leading to a sudden CTD.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Regards
Swordfish

Tried it here, although missing a few dependencies. No CTD. I would suggest disabling non-builtin items, restarting and retrying to see if that solves the crash, If so, then reenable to work out the offending asset and let us know.

Back