Global setting for scenery lights?

Piere

G'day All,

Just wondering if there is some sort of setting that can adjust the time of day that lights (buildings & scenery etc) "switch on"?

I find that just when the game lighting is getting really nice at around 4pm or so, all the lights start turning on which, to me at least, really spoils the effect.

Is there a way I can make them turn on later (when it's actually getting dark for example)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Piere.

From memory built in scenery lights switch on at 18:00 and off at 06:00, regardless of the season. There is no setting that can change this.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I haven't found anything in the environment settings which seems to affect it (yet), and the lights are definitely coming on a lot earlier than 18:00 for me. They're coming on at about 16:30, while the sunlight is still really good. I'd possibly settle for 18:00 if I could get that, although even later would be great (I love the late afternoon sunlight).

Cheers,
Piere.

nightmode
Type: Selection
Desc: Specifies how/when to use a night mesh specified in the mesh table. Requires one or more night meshes to be added to the mesh-table, which are identified by the 'night-mesh-base' tag. 'nightmode' must be one of the following values:
home - switches on night effect at dusk and off sometime during the night
lamp - switches the night effect on from dusk to dawn
constant - lights are on day and night
none - no lights (default)

Just to clarify stagecoach's cryptic post, I think he is talking about the config.txt file of individual scenery assets.

He lists 3 settings in the config.txt file:-
home - switches on night effect at dusk and off sometime during the night
lamp - switches the night effect on from dusk to dawn
constant - lights are on day and night
none - no lights (default)

Dusk to dawn is 18:00 to 06:00. If lights are on before 18:00 then they may be set to constant.

Back