Tips on Appen Freight?

Forester1

Hi! I am looking for some tips on the Appen Freight session. I get through the first shunting with the first engine just fine.

When I move to the second engine, it has me move west off of the siding, then back east to couple up to a consist. Then I back the consist east beyond junction 2240. Then it switches that junction so I start to pull forward onto the siding.

But there is only a white arrow on a green circle. When I pass that there is a sound like I have completed a step, but no stop icon anywhere.

Then I look back east and there is a stop back on the main line again, but past the stop further east is a couple/uncouple symbol. So I back, back east again to the stop, at which point the couple/uncouple sign disappears as well. But I never reached it, so I don't know if I am supposed to drop something there?

Now I have things directing me down to the west end. When I reach the west end, it directs me to go to the same siding I had parked the first consist on, but now I am pushing this consist from behind. So by the time I even get close to the stop sign, I have gone all the way through the siding and the cars in front are going back out on the main track and I get a fail for the session. Was I supposed to runaround and get in front? There was no indication to do this.

If anyone has completed this can they tell me whether I was supposed to drop the consist before or runaround, or where I am going wrong? I looked for a youtube but could only find one for the passenger session.

EDIT: Also curious what the yellow sunburst on the upper right of the session means and what it means when it turns to a red "X"?

Second Edit: I am having trouble with the passenger session also. The last part, when I am supposed to runaround and get in front of the consist, I cannot get past junction 2618. I set it to go right, which is the direction I should go, but it tells me I am running a red every time. I can't tell what signal is supposed to change. The signal to the left of the track appears to be set by a junction further along, which does need to eventually be changed, but I am not going that far until after I couple up, and it won't let me change it at this point in the session. I would like to change it, but i does not change even though it is not locked. I think it may just be locked by the session.

Thanks for any tips!

Last edited:
I too am having issues completing the Appen passenger service session. I found the following thread where the author of the session indicates when he built the session that he never intended it to be run from the cab. I haven't tried the author's suggestion of using driver commands to complete the session yet. I may try that when I have some time to kill. I did manage to find a youtube video showing someone else successfully completing the session. However, I can't tell what they did differently.

Here are the links I found:

forum discussion on passenger service: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?149930-Appen-passenger-service-help

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDNw7wX7_Og

I haven't tried the cargo session yet, so no help there.

Back