Driver mode navpoints help

olsbyn

I'm wondering if someone can help me with this as the game has become unplayable for me, I bought the Gold membership and after all downloads were finished all my navigation icons on the ingame screen dissapeared, so I have no way of knowing where to stop for passengers or cargo as these seems to be triggered by stoping pretty exact on a navpoint, I tried googling the issue but the only issue I could find was how to disable/enable with the ctrl+alt+n command, I checked the display window on the top row and apparently they are enabled.. I tested it on the Orient express session where I used to have the icons before the upgrade ?

I haven't used the built-in or DLC routes in a while, but have you tried disabling then enabling them anyway? This kind of thing sometimes needs a "reset" to get them to work. I've had that with other things besides the Nav points and that seems to fix the problem.

I haven't used the built-in or DLC routes in a while, but have you tried disabling then enabling them anyway? This kind of thing sometimes needs a "reset" to get them to work. I've had that with other things besides the Nav points and that seems to fix the problem.

Yes, I've tried disable/enable numerous times, I have tried disabling dlc's in case of a conflict of some sort, but nothing. I found an error saying there was a syntax error in the navpoint script, so I tried deleting it and validate files ( steam version ). I ended up uninstalling the version bought from steam and downloaded the install client from the Trainz store, at least it seems to give me a better control and overview over things, I'm about to test it now, hopefully it works as it should.

Some times a DBR is required to sort things out. Check open for edit first as duplicate items downloaded don't commit always.

It seems this problem is related to the Steam version, everything is working as it should with the desktop version of the game, the only things I haven't installed yet is the routes originally for TANE which requires the TANE compatibility pack.

I am having the same problem as Olsbyn. The Navigation Display rule doesn't work anymore. It was working until I upgraded to 105096, but then the navigation points disappeared. Editing the session rules, it says that it can't load navdisplay.gs. I reinstalled, and it worked for a bit, and after a couple of days, it didn't.

The problem seems to be with <kuid2:401543:1161:4>. I haven't been able to figure out how to revert to an earlier version of that asset.

WG55,
I've been informed that a new version of Navigation Display, introduced in Coal Country (Navigation Display v4), has caused the previous version of Navigation Display to malfunction for TRS19 version 105096, which has wiped out all the navigation displays for all sessions in all the routes that come with the game for this version. I am no longer able to run any sessions for the routes that come with the game, just like you. I don't think there is any way to revert the display version. I am hoping that a fix is forthcoming, as I reported this as a bug to N3V. It is pretty disheartening. I'm told that it works fine in the subscription versions of 105100 and above.

Heinrich505

WG55,
I've been informed that a new version of Navigation Display, introduced in Coal Country (Navigation Display v4), has caused the previous version of Navigation Display to malfunction for TRS19 version 105096, which has wiped out all the navigation displays for all sessions in all the routes that come with the game for this version. I am no longer able to run any sessions for the routes that come with the game, just like you. I don't think there is any way to revert the display version. I am hoping that a fix is forthcoming, as I reported this as a bug to N3V. It is pretty disheartening. I'm told that it works fine in the subscription versions of 105100 and above.

Heinrich505

I can confirm that the nav display works as intended in the 105100 version, but other stuff doesn't, like ai trains never appearing, causing you to either wait for them until you give up, like in Golden B.C waiting for a train that has priority over you.. I gave up after half an hour of waiting, and this happens all the time. AI is litterally parked where ever and causing you to never get a green light on any track..
I have given up on this game for now and cancelled my subscription, it's already an expensive game, and then pay even more for stuff not working is not happening, I already bought the game TWICE.. shame on me for that, but it won't happen again.

Olsbyn,
I was under the impression that sessions were all working fine in 105100 and higher. I could only speak for 105096, but this sounds like other parts of the sessions were broken by something else, other than the Nav Display problem.

Heinrich505

They are not all working fine, I tried both installers for the 105100, the same issues keep presenting themselves, I tried uninstalling, reinstalling and deep DBR several times, everything I used for the game was official DLC's through the Gold membership, nothing was through free offers from the DLS.
You are right it's likely not related to the nav display issue, but it shows a consenus of things breaking all the time and I just want people to be aware before they pour to much money into it.

I've been informed that a new version of Navigation Display, introduced in Coal Country (Navigation Display v4), has caused the previous version of Navigation Display to malfunction for TRS19 version 105096, which has wiped out all the navigation displays for all sessions in all the routes that come with the game for this version.

That information gave me the clue that I needed to fix it. I went to …/TRS19 Content/packages and deleted all of the sc444[…] directories. I then rebuilt the database and restarted the game. That caused TRS19 to revert to v2 of navdisplay.gs, which works just fine. Thank you!

It seems strange that such a critical system component could be in a DLC.

WG55,
Yes, that works if you don't mind not having Coal Country to run. That, unfortunately, happens to be one of my favorite routes.

Heinrich505

I think the problem lies with some assets being updated in DLC packages to work with later version of TRS19 like unified driver and this makes it less likely to work in earlier builds.

Back