'Wait for Trigger' does not work

Good clear tut pware

but again it is a "work around"
imagine all the extra modified clone locs, that end up in routes and sessions and then later cannot be found.

Maybe it would be better if N3V should adjust their base game
if a loc does not have a driver:
-it should be inactive (for driver commands (including the search))
-sound should stop
-pfx off
-lights off
-(fan) animations off
If it is part of consist some of these should work again

just my simple thoughts
greetings GM

imagine all the extra modified clone locs, that end up in routes and sessions and then later cannot be found.

Which is why I added the label "(inactive)" to the username tag in my tutorial post and my modified locos have been uploaded to the DLS (I was granted modify/reskin permission by the original creator).

But I agree, it is a "workaround".

After some thought I initially considered that adding a new tag, such as "active", to the config file of a loco that would set it to an active traincar ("1") and turn ON all the unique loco features such as hornsound, etc or an inactive traincar ("0") which would turn them all OFF. But on reflection this would make the change permanent and would require editing the config.txt file each time you wanted to change its status. A better solution might be to place this control in the properties window of a loco so it can be changed manually "on the fly" (like the running number) or remotely by a rule or driver command for individual locos (like the priority level or fuel load).

This could provide a multi-level setting such as 0 = OFF (all loco characteristics off while stabled at a depot), 1 = PARTLY ON (operating as a slave loco with no driver, lights, etc but some features are on) and 2 = FULL ON (all loco characteristics on).

My thoughts.

Last edited:
sounds perfect that last bit !
and then a simple 1 key for View Details and we have a winner :)

Back