Garden Railway Dreaming.

Hi,
If you use the content manager, try the following:-

At the top there's a menu box.
Select "custom"
NowA use the little right pointing arrow, and create a new filter row.
Now use the "+" to create another...
I use a custom filter saved as "routes and sessions"; this uses the filters like this...
1) on DLS =true
2) category = "routes"
3) OR
4) category = "sessions"

That will filter out everything except routes & sessions.
You may want to add a column (right click on the right of the last occupied column) and add version number. 4.5 and higher were built/saved from TS19, ignore any route less than 3 - it may require lots of work to import and work correctly.

The FCT needs to be activated before it will let you have unrestricted access (speed & quantity)... You'll need to enter "my account", then find the FCT page and activate one ticket. You can buy more than one, unused ones will sit there until you activate one (remember that they will expire).

Enjoy,

Colin

Freeman Locomotive Works Present: Garden Railway USA

Freeman Locomotive Works presents a sneak peak at another version of Euromodeller's Gartenbahn: Garden Railway USA. I changed the route from being located in Germany to being located in America. This will be released tomorrow, which is also my birthday. I have also changed the gauges to 30-inch (non-procedural track), 36-inch (procedural track), and standard gauge (procedural track).
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

More Info

The 30-inch gauge loop is named after the fictional Big Stone Gap & Southern Railroad (BSG&SRR), a predecessor of the Norfolk and Western Railroad which ran from Big Stone Gap, Virginia, to Bristol, Virginia/Tennessee. The line also features a passing siding named The Trail of The Lonesome Pine Siding, named after the novel The Trail of the Lonesome Pine, whose author, John Fox, Jr, and some distant relatives of mine, lived in Big Stone Gap, Virginia. My mom was also born in Big Stone Gap, Virginia. Big Stone Gap, Virginia is also home to an annual outdoor stage play based on this novel, which is considered the longest running outdoor drama in the United States. Tennessee State Route 70, which runs thru Rogersville, Tennessee, which is where my Grandmother on my Mom's side, my aunt, and one of my cousins and his family all live, is named Trail of the Lonesome Pine Road, which comes from when it was an auto trail of the same name that ran between Detroit and Florida in the early part of the 20th Century.
The 36-inch gauge line is named after the fictional Big Valley & Western (BV&W), a predecessor of the Denver and Rio Grande Western's narrow-gauge empire, which ran from the town of Big Valley, Colorado, to Alamosa, Colorado. The name 'Big Valley' is a homage to two things: The ABC Western TV series The Big Valley, which ran from 1965-1969, and the Alaskan fishing vessel Big Valley which today, January 15th, 2021, marks the 16th anniversary of its sinking. It's sinking was covered on the first season of Discovery Channel's TV series Deadliest Catch. Out of six people on board, only one person survived the sinking of FV Big Valley.
The standard gauge line, the Boulder & Garden Village (B&GV), is a fictional predecessor of Union Pacific's Denver to Wyoming mainline.

Last edited:
Thanks for the background Jordon412! It will be interesting trying it out with those thoughts in the background!

The building in the centre is Graham's reskin of a cottage i made originally for "real world" Trainz, magnified by 2200% and therefore guaranteed to be the correct size for a 1:22 Garden Railway simulation. All my uploaded Garden Railway assets were made in the same way. The original building was based on a drawing by Mike Gill in "The Peco Book of Model Buildings" - a source of much pleasure ind inspirational ideas.

Ray

Back