Thread: Range (distance) for a Speed Limit Sign?

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Question Range (distance) for a Speed Limit Sign?

Does a speed limit sign have a distance limit other than another speed limit sign? That is, does the limitation value stop at a signal, a switch or some other on-track element?
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Nothing else that I'm aware of other than the next speed limit.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

Blog Entries

In Trainz, there's no range. Once you pass it, that's the speed forever.

Depending on the Railroad, but also generally no. The speed limit is set and then can stay that for 100 miles, but generally there'll be another sign somewhere along that route.

There are exceptions though - in my state in Australia the driver's were tasked with knowing the max speed for the line, and then curveboards were used, slowing down around corners with no speed signs on the way out - the driver's just sped back up when they had passed the curve.

Cheers
    Jamie

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

In some European countries I have seen an "end of limitation", a white square bordered in black: Pass it and resume maximum speed.

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

OK, Thanks... Looks like it is a simple marking that should preserve speed limits between speed signs(hopefully).
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by boleyd View Post
    OK, Thanks... Looks like it is a simple marking that should preserve speed limits between speed signs(hopefully).
    This is highly recommended and if you have any branches or sidings that require slow in and out, be sure to put the mainline speed at the exit, otherwise, the AI will continue to move at the slower speed. I also place reminders for the track speed because I will sometimes place a consist down on the track in the middle of nowhere. Without the posted speed anywhere, the AI will default to 40 mph even if the actual speed is supposed to be higher or lower.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618