Rugton. Old fashioned O gauge on the carpet.

Thank you very much Daveric I'm pleased you are enjoying 'Rugton'. I feel a bit silly for having made that error with the region and the updated version of 'Rugton' now has the new 'carpet region' specified. Hopefully that will put an end to any errors.

I see you found my GNR coaches. They've always been more vintage trainset than true scale models so are perfect for 'Rugton'.

@KotangaGirl,

I found the solution to my smoke problem. I remembered seeing in the forum a problem with "displaced" smoke. In that case, it was smoke that appeared ten feet to the right of the smokestack. The reader was advised to turn off the Physx simulation setting in the performance tab. That cured his problem. So I thought - nothing ventured, nothing gained. I checked my Physx simulation setting, and it was turned on, so I turned it off. The problem with Rugton disappeared! Why Rugton is sensitive about the setting of the Physx simulation, and none of my other routes seem to be, I have no idea, but I'm happy that the problem is solved. I just wanted to let you know that it was NOT a problem with Rugton.

Bob Morrison

Well that's good news Bob. All the engines I ran on 'Rugton' were my faux 'clockwork' ones that have no steam or smoke files as well as a very quiet gear meshing sound file so I didn't have any smoke at all so i wouldn't have noticed there was a problem.

That said I don't use Physx and have it firmly turned off. I also have shadows turned off as well. I treat TS2019 like it's 64 bit TS2012 and avoid anything 'magic' as much as possible. I minimise payware as well to only the Uk routes I like and refuse to download any other DLC that I might be entitled to. In addition to that after SP1 I've refused all 'upgrades'. By doing that I have so far managed to avoid many of the problems that other TS2019 users have had (touch wood).

Last edited:
Ammie - Just to let you know that I have uploaded new versions of the tables and chairs for 0 Gauge. These permit a greater range of height adjustment. My nominal floor level for 0 Gauge as a model railway layout is -34m and the top of a table placed in a room setting should coincide with the Trainz baseboard surface so that objects, including track, can be placed on it when using digholes.

Please let me know if there are any problems. I should mention for anyone looking for these mdels on the DLS that I have correctly used 0 as "zero" when naming models, not "OH" as commonly pronounced. Earlier gauges/scales were named 2 and 1.

Ray

Another very cool release Kotanga. Reminds me of my days at my Uncles in Condorrat. Laid it all around the bungalow. Could buy whole car boot fulls of the stuff for £5 back in the 90s. Nowadays its very much a collectors game.

Annie - Just to let you know that I have uploaded new versions of the tables and chairs for 0 Gauge. These permit a greater range of height adjustment. My nominal floor level for 0 Gauge as a model railway layout is -34m and the top of a table placed in a room setting should coincide with the Trainz baseboard surface so that objects, including track, can be placed on it when using digholes.

Please let me know if there are any problems. I should mention for anyone looking for these mdels on the DLS that I have correctly used 0 as "zero" when naming models, not "OH" as commonly pronounced. Earlier gauges/scales were named 2 and 1.

Ray

Thank you very much Ray. As soon as the new furniture is available I'll modify 'Lynborough' to use it. I guess I could see how it looks on 'Rugton' as well since the present 00 table and chairs do tend to tower over the line a bit and make it look smaller.

You are quite right about the '0' versus 'O' designation of 7mm scale and it should indeed be properly referred to as '0' since at the time of the first model railway trainsets becoming available '0' was regarded as being the smallest practical size. As for Gauge '1' and '2'.......... no don't start me thinking in that direction.

Another very cool release Kotanga. Reminds me of my days at my Uncles in Condorrat. Laid it all around the bungalow. Could buy whole car boot fulls of the stuff for £5 back in the 90s. Nowadays its very much a collectors game.

I hear what you're saying. These days I see all kinds of damaged and rusty old stuff being offered for sale at stupid prices when once upon a time nice items could be found at pocket money prices. When I was living at my Mum's house while doing my social worker training I used to lay track all over the place on the floor. I think my Mum thought her daughter had gone back to her second childhood.

I hear what you're saying. These days I see all kinds of damaged and rusty old stuff being offered for sale at stupid prices when once upon a time nice items could be found at pocket money prices. When I was living at my Mum's house while doing my social worker training I used to lay track all over the place on the floor. I think my Mum thought her daughter had gone back to her second childhood.

Back then I was 9/10, it brought over the older cousins and even the dads from their magazines or TV. Everyone was on the floor laying track, winding up engines or sorting out scenery (the creative ones got the cards out and setup their own tunnels/stations/platforms). However, some took longer to get up off the ground than others :hehe:

However, some took longer to get up off the ground than others :hehe:

Tell me about it. In many ways I still feel like the woman I was when I was in my twenties, - until I have to get up off the floor then I feel like I'm in my seventies.

Back