A new N-terprise

ray_whiley

Just available, a table and chair for a room housing an N scale virtual model railway layout.

DDD MR-N Chair Kuid 275817:60908
DDD MR-N Table Kuid 275817:60909

I made these for a one-board layout which I was converting to a model railway. You don't get any more track using N on one board, but you are able to have wider baseboards and keep tracks within arm's reach for derailments! One board in N measures about 15 feet square - a reasonably sized room.

Ray

Did you see my screenshot I posted earlier of one of your 'N' gauge chairs Ray?

gqFqgsM.jpg

You know if I look at that screenshot just right I can imagine those chairs are on a deck or balcony overlooking the surrounding countryside!

Perhaps I might need to raise the ceiling above the layout if a big friend is going to call around regularly :hehe:

Yes the countryside on 'Lynborough' is looking very nice Forester. A lot of that is down to Ray though since all I've done is move the occasional tree that was in the way of the railway lines and put them on the other side of the boundary fence.

@KotangaGirl, I like your neat baseboard edging, far better than mine where you can see the top of the fascia. I presume you used digholes to eliminate the terrain bleed through at the bottom, if you put the fascia splines right close to the edge?

Yes I'm using digholes Vern. Textures flashing through other textures is one of things I really dislike and I do my best to eliminate that from happening as much as possible.

Yes I'm using digholes Vern. Textures flashing through other textures is one of things I really dislike and I do my best to eliminate that from happening as much as possible.

Ah, I thought so. Just looks so much neater and, erm, model railway like. I CBA to retrofit my Grimsby layout as it's almost ready for upload, once I have Ray's signs, but I will adopt that for the next project I think.

I have always used digholes, not wide baseboard edging with lowered base for floors. One advantage is that you can easily delete digholes if you want exrra room on the layout! Or add them if you want to convert a regular route to a model. I've never uised a ceiling but had a go at a diorama layout in a box - like Iain Rice suggests.

Ray

Back