Red Signal Issues

boleyd

I created a plain route on multiple boards. One coal mine was the only industry on the route. The route was a sing;e section, with the train. It split and that branch split again. The other branch also split. All branches terminated in a buffer. The only signal was a "06" at the first split.

Started the route with no train movement and the signal was two greens. When the train passed the signal, on its way to the coal mine, there was one red. Rather than reverse the train I just placed at the start point and ran the session again. The signal now showed 2 reds and the train had not started. It started and ran toward the 2-Red signal. It stopped the expected distance prior to the signal. After about 30 seconds the signal went to 2 greens allowing the train to pass. After it passed the signal it went to "2" reds. The train moved on to the coal mine.

Restarted the route. Now the signal remained at "2" reds despite all of the track beyond the signal being clear. Started the train it went to the "2" red signal, stopped and about 30 seconds later one lamp went green and it proceeded ok.

Restarted and the signal once again began at 2 reds despite all lines being clear beyond the signal.

I have been plagued with this oddity for a year. For now I run with no signals but the use of multiple trains does not always fair well.
=======================================
Restarted the route with new Launcher. As would be expected the signal started with "2" Reds which is an alleged status on a real railroad after a reset. Installed a new 4 car coal train with the 1500 switcher. Started the program. The train moved to the dual red signal and stopped. 20 minutes later it remains there looking at 2 reds and the only train on the system.

Restarted the route. The train stopped at the "2"reds again. After several minutes it finally proceeded. BUT, it went up the wrong branch. I stopped for about a minute. Then it backed up and finally took the proper branch to the mine.

At his point the program has little value to me. I have some special "disease". Also note, this is a 3 week old reinstall of TRS19 105100 which fixed nothing. The only thing that remains is Windows10. I am reluctant to mess with it since a wrong keystroke can ruin your day (week).

Please note, the Lockheed Martin FAA certified flight simulator runs with no flaws. Piper Cub and military jet with very detailed airports and the latest LandClass satellite data on the surface. Also real clouds and weather dynamically applied. It can be boring after awhile. With Trainz, after being bored watching the same trees whiz by, you can fiddle the scenery since "it is never perfect".

Last edited:
Change the direction of your consist - switch the consist around so the green arrow points in the direction of travel. Your signals will work as they should.

The slow switching and route selection is a bug and N3V is aware of it that appeared in T:ANE SP2. In T:ANE SP3 they tried to remove it but weird things happened with the AI that caused the crew to revert to the old bug until things can be rewritten. The work around for this is to use invisible signals so that the only red signal is at the end of the single-tracked branch. This allows you to switch parked cars.

Last edited:
The directional (front/back) arrow trick is one I did not know. Will see what happens -- Thanks....

Back