Are there Trainz that used the old default horn sounds in real life?

SAUBER_KH7

Bullet Stream Liner
The title says it all. The other day I was messing around with my old copy of TRS2006 I got on E-bay a while back for old times and I got curious and started to wonder, "You know, what trains in real life used the old default sounds found in Trainz? Are there any locomotives that used them, or are the sounds entirely fictional?" Some examples include the one used by the F7 locomotive, the Alco sound used by the SD-40s, The horn sound used by locomotives such as the AN 840 Class, and more.

So without further ado, let me know in the comments below, did any trainz use the old default horn (and bell) sounds in real life?

Thanks in advance.:)

Last edited:
I'm not really sure which real life train did those horn sounds originated from and speaking of sound, I'm still wondering where did the Auran default generic enginesounds came from even though it isn't prototypical on most electrics made for Trainz.

I've heard the default horn sound in some TV shows and in videos that take place in Australia. The same can be said regarding the signals too because many of the signals we saw in the early versions were based on their local signals in their country.

Here's a video I posted recently in the Prototype forum.

https://youtu.be/emoAFioS0dI

The video takes place in the late 1960s and 1970s Western Australia in and around Perth and on to Fremantle. Take a look at the signals and listen to the horns!

I've heard the default horn sound in some TV shows and in videos that take place in Australia. The same can be said regarding the signals too because many of the signals we saw in the early versions were based on their local signals in their country.

Here's a video I posted recently in the Prototype forum.

https://youtu.be/emoAFioS0dI

The video takes place in the late 1960s and 1970s Western Australia in and around Perth and on to Fremantle. Take a look at the signals and listen to the horns!

Nice! I did not get to watch all of it yet, but I did recognize the click-clack of the rails.:D

Very good! I did not notice clatter over the junctions though, or did I just miss it watching everything else?

Back