Number of trains on the route

lenscab

Hi,,, this question is more curiosity really, I was reading the Wait for Trigger wiki guide and one of the notes advised that if there is too many trains on a route this would not work sometimes. As I have twelve on the route I am doing is that too many?. Does anyone have more with this command please?.
Len

I don't think so as I frequently run in excess of 30 without trigger issues and in addition ships and aircraft which do not employ triggers on their routes. Most of my triggers are however controlling signals, junctions, crossing etc. and not events such as when this happens do that or wait for this and then do that and so forth where instructions can build up which may be significant. Peter

I have Trains, Trams, Buses, Lorries, Monorail, Planes, Helicopters, Barges, Boats and Ships on one route with over 70 set up. They all do work but you may get some problems with their reaction time. The more trainz has to do the longer the process takes to do it.

The term "too many" trains is a relative one - the exact number depends on other factors. Users with over 100 locos have sometimes reported the problem.

Two notes here: Number of trains: I have 82 consists that run in AI one time or another, and they all run some with complex tasks. If everything is carefully set in terms of signalling, synchronization, trackmark and industries placements, they work, at least on first 2-3 session saves. After that I may experience silly decisions, stoppages or runaways. The second note is the "Wait for Trigger": Lost case. Not an exact figure, but more than 10 or 12 trains and it goes into the "Timeout error" and ceases to work. I use "check trigger" with child rules and never fails.

Thanks for the tip about "Wait for trigger" , I have had a few occasions when it hasnt worked and I didnt know I could use "Check trigger", I will have to look up and see how to use it.
Len

Back