humptower

Seane2c

Not sure what changed, but this asset was working for me, not sure why it no longer is. I reverted everything to original configuration in case there was an issue, still not working.

When I run a saved scenario this seems to lock all the switches as I approach, but never pulls the pin or change switches. The way I remember this working about a month ago was it would automatically switch tracks.

Tried my own quick drive and for some reason couldn't even get the switches to lock on a set of default cars.

The searches that I see on this asset are all archived. The original help file for Lars no longer works. Not sure if wayback machine can help as I've seen mention of it in an archived thread.

Not sure if there is a rule I need to enable for this to work, as it has for me about a month or so ago in 2019.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Have you tried the assets in a blank route?

Have you done a database repair?

Sometimes clearing the cache/libraries folder helps because if the asset script was cached and became corrupted, this can cause things not to work.

Outside of this, I'm not sure what else to do since I'm not familiar with the assets directly.

I'll try this at some point in a couple of weeks. For now I've avoided it.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Sean

I had exactly the same problem as you, worked fine then stopped working for some reason.

In desperation I deleted the asset from the route and started again. That did the trick, it worked perfectly.

The yard it was controlling was only ten tracks, so not a massive issue to do, but annoying in as much I couldn't get to the bottom of what went wrong.

Yeah and mine is only 4 :) It may be a database thing because I remember something strange happening to my route that I had to recover from a CDP.

I'll look into it.

Thanks

Sean

I got the humptower asset by downloading a layout with a hump yard from the DLS, as I also couldn't find it anywhere.

I kinda wish it was a bit more programable tbh, say that loaded grain cars always go to track 6, empties to track 7 etc.

I think if you do a search for "Humptower" it is there by iij kuid2:30671:23302:1 installed from DLS.

I don't download from other sites, have no payware, and this was not part of Trainz North America.

Thanks

Sean

Last edited:
Back