TRS Install, Asset Download Window not triggering

bmheron

Ok I swear when I installed TANE years ago I had the same issue. There was a delay on the side of NV3 or something. I think I had to open a ticket.

Anyway I've installed TRS19 Platinum successfully and it runs. However the only route I have is Kickstarter2 and a handful of locomotives. Nothing that was supposed to come with my purchase and none of my older DLC paid TANE routes. As I understand the Assett Download Window should automatically open and start downloading? It doesnt. So then I learned I can manually trigger it by going to File > Download Purchased Items. I would except that option isn't there at all.

I've gone to the Settings > Internet tab and logged in and out of my Trainz account several times. Still nothing happens. Oh and I purchased it 24 hours ago and installed it early this AM.

I remember this happening before with TANE and I think NV3 had to trigger something on their end to get it to work? I'll submit a ticket but that could take days. Any other thoughts?

The asset download window that was used for DLC from TRS12 to TRS19 SP1 has gone from TRS19 Platinum. It no longer exists.

Instead you now have a new (and better) option from the Trainz Launcher, the Content Store. Click this to open up all the available DLC "stuff".

You will see which items you are entitled to install (free or already paid for) - they will have an Install button and which items you can purchase - a button with a price value.

You can select which items you want to install now or later. Likewise which ones you want to purchase.

Items that have been installed will appear with an Uninstall button - click to remove them. The next time you open the Store any deleted items will appear with an Install button.

A bit of warning with the Content Store.

Only download a few items at a time, otherwise, things can lock up. I found out the hard way with that recently.

Oh man! Pware thanks for that. I had no idea. What a great feature.

Jcitron before you posted I went into the store and clicked Install on like 25 items. Oops. Well let it run while I go to bed and see what happens in the AM.

Thanks all!!

Update: well to your point, JCitron, woke up this AM and all of them had "ERROR" statuses :) So now trying a few at a time. Good thing is they seem to be picking up where they left off. A couple installed right away after I clicked UPDATE.

Update: well to your point, JCitron, woke up this AM and all of them had "ERROR" statuses :) So now trying a few at a time. Good thing is they seem to be picking up where they left off. A couple installed right away after I clicked UPDATE.

Yup that's what I found out too. That's why I tried to warn you. Now you know. :)

I'm glad you have stuff sorted out somewhat now.

Back