Covid 19

You have my sympathy. At least you are now taking the correct precautions and, more importantly, are now aware of the risks and your responsibilities, unlike too many others in many places around the world. I had my first Covid-19 test a few days ago - it was negative which I expected. Transmission of the virus is almost zero here due to both people and governments taking the problem seriously.

You have my sympathy. At least you are now taking the correct precautions and, more importantly, are now aware of the risks and your responsibilities, unlike too many others in many places around the world. I had my first Covid-19 test a few days ago - it was negative which I expected. Transmission of the virus is almost zero here due to both people and governments taking the problem seriously.
ya im in the US which is a melting pot of different ideas, which i wont get into, we took covid seriously but they opened up the schools and didnt follow the rules, my sister didnt wear her mask right and well, here we are

ya im in the US which is a melting pot of different ideas, which i wont get into, we took covid seriously but they opened up the schools and didnt follow the rules, my sister didnt wear her mask right and well, here we are

take care of yourselves and I hope all goes well for you in these difficult times !.

Sorry to hear this news, I hope that she only has mild symptoms, I'd hate anyone to go through what I went through, of course, being an old f@rt was against me (I'll be 70 next Saturday).
I am still having side effects from it which were not there pre-infection, breathlessness (damaged lungs?), tiredness and brain fuzz/freeze) no cure for Long Covid yet but at least here in the UK it has been recognised as an illness.
Mental health has been damaged too, but at least I am alive.

Wishing you and your family a safe passage to good health.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this news, I hope that she only has mild symptoms, I'd hate anyone to go through what I went through, of course, being an old f@rt was against me (I'll be 70 next Saturday).
I am still having side effects from it which were not there pre-infection, breathlessness (damaged lungs?), tiredness and brain fuzz/freeze) no cure for Long Covid yet but at least here in the UK it has been recognised as an illness.
Mental health has been damaged too, but at least I am alive.

Wishing you and your family a safe passage to good health.

Thanks, we dont have it too bad right now but i have a feeling im catching it, and bad

Sorry to bump this, but my mom has been diagnosed with COVID also. She's a Elementary school Special Education teacher who's fully vaccinated against Covid with the Pfizer vaccine. She's now in the local ER. Me and my dad are showing no signs of Covid symptoms though.

Hope she recovers soon, it's a real nightmare in the USA so I don't envy anyone living there. Plus the delta strain is so much worse, this isn't going away anytime soon. Unless you live in New Zealand, they haven't had a single case since February, then again we've never had a case in our small town - touch wood! (country NSW).

Best wishes from me for your Mum too Jordan.
Here in NZ the Health Dept official information on the vaccine is that it will make us able to resist infection better, but it's not a total silver bullet against COVID-19. The Delta variant is nasty and the only reason why we've managed to keep the virus out is that we're keeping our borders tightly sealed and only NZ citizens are allowed into the country and then they can only enter after a strict period of time in quarantine. Being a more isolated island country surrounded by water with a smaller population certainly helps with that as well.

Vaccination does not prevent you being infected by the Covid-19 virus any more than a flu or measles shot stops you from being infected by those viruses. The difference is that by being vaccinated your body has the ability to immediately fight back against the virus and, in the vast majority of cases, eliminate the risk of it causing illness or death. A vaccinated person, be it against measles of Covid-19, can still infect others.

Did your aunt simply test positive to the presence of the virus or has she developed the Covid symptoms? If it is the latter then vaccination will significantly reduce the need for hospitalisation.

Here in Sydney we have recently had an outbreak of Covid-19 Delta with the overwhelming majority of those hospitalised during that time not vaccinated and nearly all those that were vaccinated having had only the first vaccination shot.

I hope that your Aunt is doing well. The statistics are in her favour.

Last edited:
Back