How to post on Trainz Wiki

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
Hello,

Can't seem to figure this out. On this page http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php?title=Category:Route_Creators&oldid=4026 it states;

Category:Route Creators is intended for active Content Creation Groups and individuals who are developing full routes for Trainz, whether prototypical or fictional.

To place your page into this category, add the following wiki tag at the bottom of your page:

[[Category:Route Creators]]

What page? Then how to submit it?

You place that "tag" (Wiki tags are enclosed by "[[ ]]"") at the bottom of the page that you have created and uploaded to the Wiki. When that has been done, your page will be automatically added to the index list shown in the link you have provided.

Creating and adding pages to the Trainz Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) is a learning curve.

You will need to log in the the Wiki as a creator (which is automatic for all registered Trainz Users). Then you will see on the left margin of the wiki a link "Upload File" and on the top margin the tab "Edit". But as I said, there is a learning curve.

The method I use to create a new page is:-
  1. In the Search box (on the left of each wiki page), type the name (title) of your new page then click "Go"
  2. You will (eventually) get a page saying "There were no results matching the query." and an offer to Create the page "XXXXXXX" on this wiki! - click the link to the as yet non existing page.
  3. Type up your page in the "sandbox workspace" - WARNING: huge learning curve here
  4. When finished, click the button "Show Preview" to reveal all your editing "failures" (WARNING: This can be very depressing)
  5. Edit as necessary
  6. Finally click "Save Page" button
  7. Raid the liquor cabinet.

Last edited:
WARNING: huge learning curve here..
Raid the liquor cabinet.

Thank you for the info! I'm real good with HTML and markup languages in general, so it was actually easy for me. Tackled it this morning and got a simple page up in about 10 minutes, and it put it on the index page.

Too early this morning for the liquor cabinet, but will follow that advice later today LOL

Last edited:
Back