Consists in driver map view

valbridge

Rail Tragic
May have asked this before, cant remember.
Is it possible to rename a consist [not driver] for map view identification?
What I am trying to do is give consists specific labels based in train identifier. Say I wanted a consist [12carr] to travel from A>B as a non stop service I'd like to give it an identifier, say 1A01, which indicates fast service from Brighton to Victoria, and 1A02 as an identifier for a fast service from Victoria to Brighton.

As far as I can see consists have labels such as 0,1,2 etc when viewed in the map when in driver. That is useless in my opinion.
Is there a way these can be personalised.

Cheers, for any comments.
Val.

Not possible because of the way trainz names them. You uncouple a wagon and trainz creates a new consist number for it, runaround likewise. Portals also create a new number for consists that emerge. Any engine with no driver is also given a number.

I think the only way would be to create a driver named '1A02', then assign that driver to the train. In Driver you will see the '1A02' in the mini map.

Yeah it is a pity because it would be nice to have named-trains on the routes show up such as the Broadway Limited show up on the map as the Broadway Limited instead of Kenny. Naming the driver is a workaround, but that's lame.

Back