New Layout Project. Possibly 'O' gauge.

No worries Ann. If you could post the link to the Thomas site I'll grab it, Otherwise I will find a suitable substitute, or, in fact, I probably won't even miss him in the brief time I stop at the station! Thank you very much though, in pointing out what the item is so I can determine how to proceed. That is very kind and helpful! I am trying to do all DLS on the routes I am working on, but finding it just about impossible. DLS is more limited than we like to think when we start to see a lot of good assets elsewhere that never make it to DLS. Unfortunately, too many of them then get lost forever when sites go down. Like TPR, R.I.P.

Edit - turns out with that 1GB BobSanders package I have a TON of substitutes LOL!

Last edited:
Annie can I give you a tip. In the past what I have done is make a CDP of a route and it's dependencies so that I don't loose them. Then I deleted all the dependencies and see what reloaded from the DLS. I then knew what I had used that were not on the DLS and could check them out.

A useful tip John. I did used to maintain a clean out of the box TS2012 install for route testing, but somehow or another I forgot to kept it properly clean so it ended up being largely useless.

The Thin Controller can found on this webpage https://si3d.jimdofree.com/routes/ and he's in Revised Skarloey Railway.zip with the link being obtainable by clicking on the Skarloey Railway picture; - the first one, not the second one.

Awesome. Got it. In my browser it was actually the first Scarloey link, the second being the TV Series version. Thanks again Ann, I will hope to post a screenshot or two sometime this weekend. I am lookng forward to a lot of fun with this!

KUID2 Update

I decided to go ahead and upload a KUID2 update for 'Lynborough' to the DLS. This removes the dependency problem with the wooden sheds at the farm estate sidings and the Thin Controller being present on Platform 1 at Lynborough station.
All going well the update should be available after 24 hours.

DWW MR O gauge 'Lynborough' Broad Gauge-FINAL V2 <KUID2:768291:12786:1>

Last edited:
I had hoped to post some screenshots, but made the mistake of launching an EDBR Friday night, and it too almost 48 hours! I guess my USB drive is way too slow. Anyway, hope to try again Tuesday.

Just posted son shots down in the British MR Thread. I didn't want them moving this thread! Not as much time as I would have liked, I have to run an errand tonight. Would like to try some freight and shunting, but just a quick trip 'round for tonight. Great layout, Ann! Champion!

Thanks very much Forester. I spent a long time frowning over all the details on 'Lynborough' so it's nice to know it's all worked out.
I liked the screenshots as it's always interesting to see the viewpoints on the layout someone else found. It looks like you tried 'Lynborough' in either TANE or TS2019 which I'd had doubts about, but it seems to have worked out. I am planning on doing a TS2019 version so I can sort out the trees and trackwork to best suit TS2019.

During the Broad Gauge era strange mixes of old and new could be found with passenger coaches and goods wagons, - especially on secondary lines and branch lines. After the findings of the Gauge Commision in 1845 it was plain that the Broad Gauge's days were numbered which led to a lot of patch up and make do rather than new construction. Older coaches usually were converted into vans of one sort or another or repurposed into other roles. No new wagon construction to new designs was seriously undertaken until after the mid 1880s and almost all of those were designed to be readily converted to standard gauge against the day that the Broad Gauge would be no more.
Express trains were of course always immaculately turned out, but old photos show some interesting mixes of coaches away from the main lines.

Good morning. Yes, it was in TS2019 and worked and looked great! And thanks for the bit of history. I am never quite sure when putting Britch trains together, but I tried to stick with SteveFlanders' SF GWR BG stock in hopes it wouldn't be too egregious! :)

Back