Installing beta

lenscab

Hi,,, I fear I may have made an error, I received an email informing me that trainz + beta was available, so being a gold member I went ahead and installed it. Its the first time I have installed a beta and it was only when I looked for info on assertions that I found out that I should have backed up my existing trainz route first and that I should send a copy of any errors to the team and also any alterations I make to my route would not be kept. Dont know if I got that last bit right. So does that mean I cannot revert to my trainz plus copy and keep my route because I seem to have a few errors.? and I have done quite a lot of alterations.
What can I do please?.
Len

Len,

You're not totally out of the woods.

Reinstall Plus to separate folder and only update it to 106618.

Copy your data folder and paste it in another location. If you have a second hard disk, put it on there, if not make a folder called TRS2019_PLUS_DATA and copy the contents of the other folder to that.

In the Launcher for 106618, go to the settings, and Install tab.
In the Install tab, open up the ... and browse that until you find the TRS2019_PLUS_DATA and click select.

Your Plus will run a quick DBR thing and want to restart.

You should be all set, but I recommend running a Database Repair.

If you created a route in the new version, that will be hosed. If you edited your own route, there will be a backup of it in the backups folder and you can restore that one after deleting the one you can't load.

Thanks John,, I will have a go tomorrow as it is a bit late now and I will let you know how I do.
Len

Hi John,, well I have managed it ok but I had to go back to before I installed the beta so I have a lot of catching up to do. Dont think I will bother with beta`s again, not if I cant work on my route.
Once again you have got me out of the s... A big thankyou.
A quick question,,, the beta version,, can I uninstall it or just delete the installed files.
Have a good day.
Len

Back