Incomplete DLC Payware

This sounds like a bad download, Jeff.

Remove the package and download again. You can uninstall that from the Content Store.

Run a DBR - Developer menu item on Launcher - Rebuild database.

Download again.

Yes, like most downloads associated with TRAINZ. I guess when 2019 is complete, it will be obsolete--as always. So how can you tell if it is obsolete? T:ANE is one good example-You don't get a complete uninstall in other words, it tells you that some component could not be uninstalled.

Yes, like most downloads associated with TRAINZ. I guess when 2019 is complete, it will be obsolete--as always. So how can you tell if it is obsolete? T:ANE is one good example-You don't get a complete uninstall in other words, it tells you that some component could not be uninstalled.

It's software... Software is obsolete the moment it's sold and a new version comes out.

There's no need to remove the complete program to repair the DLC download. Remove the DLC and download it again. I may have given you the incorrect directions. Platinum and "Plus" have the Content Store button on the Launcher. The other versions do not.

To extricate the DLC packages from the older version, follow the instructions here.

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading

It's easier than me typing out the instructions.

In summary, incase you don't want to read. Fine the package in the list on the Wiki page and take note of the package name cuz you'll need it for later.
Open up the folder where your content is installed.
Open up the Packages folder.
Remember that DLC number? You need it now...
Find them in the folder and delete them.

Close the folder.
Start TRS2019.
At the Launcher, run a DBR.
Start Trainz.
Download content again.

Hi Jeffrey68c
To re-install a DLC pack (you will need to re-install the entire DLC pack, not just individual assets), you will need to follow these instructions:

Open the TANE Launcher then go to Trainz Settings > Install Tab
Highlight the Local Data Folder path name (e.g. C:\Users\<pcname>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\TANE\build 7uiv95001) then use Ctrl-C to copy the path to your clipboard
Close all TANE windows to shutdown TANE (Do not force quit as this process can take 5 minutes or longer in some cases - check it has shut down completely by checking Task Manager)
Open a Windows Explorer window, and use Ctrl-V to paste the address, then hit Enter
Click on the "packages" folder which will show a list of DLC folders. (The Date Modified column will show you the latest DLC item downloaded)
Delete the appropriate folder or folders (in this case, all folders starting with "SC372" and "SC367")
Next, navigate to the Cache folder and delete the entire cache folder.
Open the TANE Launcher and click Developer > Rebuild Database
Allow this to complete (which can take 5-10 minutes if you have lots of content installed)
Then click File > Download Purchased Items
Click Start Trainz
The Asset Download window will now appear with all non-downloaded items showing.
Select the items to download.
Once the file is downloaded, if it is not immediately be available for use, close the game window and Start Trainz again (you should not need to run a db rebuild).

Note that most DLC packages come with 2 or more parts. You must download each part and wait for the "installing" process to complete before closing the Asset Download Window. You can minimize the window and carry on playing Trainz while the downloads continue in the background.

Regards

Tane is notorious for this behavior for a few of us users but sadly N3V can't replicate it so therefore can't fix it. Almost every time I add DLC there is a chance that the database will go wonky.

Here is what I do:

In CM run a Database Repair, then repeat, then repeat, then repeat until it fixes it self. It is good to be binge watching something on the telly while doing this part. Or shutdown TANE completely and restart. Then open CM. One of the times CM starts it will take much longer as it senses a problem with the database and repairs it.

Just a guess but I think it is a problem with TrainzUtil.

The same behavior will rear its ugly head just out of the blue as well. Everything will be just fine before shutting done TANE for the night. The next day everything is wonky again. And yes, I am giving TrainzUtil plenty of time to finish shutting down.

William

As a coder, I watch game coders repeat the same mistakes over and over, import those mistakes into the next version. Agreed TrainzUtil might be one issue, however, we must not overlook the database itself like overwrite protections, exploitation's, etc. I deal with database and system recovery-daily. But here, I have no control. This started out as a simple problem which has now turned global. I have forty or fifty missing's and equally the same number of faulty's. (Oh that patch, when it arrives, it's going to have to be a killer!)

As a coder, I watch game coders repeat the same mistakes over and over, import those mistakes into the next version. Agreed TrainzUtil might be one issue, however, we must not overlook the database itself like overwrite protections, exploitation's, etc. I deal with database and system recovery-daily. But here, I have no control. This started out as a simple problem which has now turned global. I have forty or fifty missing's and equally the same number of faulty's. (Oh that patch, when it arrives, it's going to have to be a killer!)

The number of faulty assets is deceiving. If you were to setup a filters, aka a view, in your Content Manager, to show Faulty-only, and another for Missing-dependencies only, you'll find that there's probably zero faulty assets, but a lot of missing-dependencies.

Even though the packages are associated with DLC downloads, the various assets are used by other routes installed.

As a now retired IT guy, I once supported business CRM and business operations programs and used to write SQL-reports and maintained the database systems. N3V implemented either MySQL or SQL-lite for their underlying database, however, we can't produce custom reports outside of Content Manager that would be very helpful for content management.

The number of faulty assets is deceiving. If you were to setup a filters, aka a view, in your Content Manager, to show Faulty-only, and another for Missing-dependencies only, you'll find that there's probably zero faulty assets, but a lot of missing-dependencies.

Even though the packages are associated with DLC downloads, the various assets are used by other routes installed.

As a now retired IT guy, I once supported business CRM and business operations programs and used to write SQL-reports and maintained the database systems. N3V implemented either MySQL or SQL-lite for their underlying database, however, we can't produce custom reports outside of Content Manager that would be very helpful for content management.

I have a Doctorate in Computer Science and post Doctorate Cybersecurity. We have some CVE's on this issue. We found a 3.217.0.0/16 being used against TRAINZ. Oh, the speculation being brought on right now is killer!

Back