Can Content Manager do sequential sorts?

This is about sorting (not filtering) the CM database contents, simply according to column headings.

For example, is there a way to;

-first sort the assets by Type
-secondary sort them by Kuid
-tertiary sort by Status

etc.

MS-Excel and other spreadsheets could do this kind of sequential sorting quite easily. Can CM?

Short answer seems to be no (unless there is a very well hidden set of pulldown or popup menus somewhere).

The only way I can see to do this is by creating a set of filters to narrow down the items displayed to
1. the type of asset you want (e.g. Bridges), then
2. the assets author name (not sure how you would do a kuid filter)
3. then sort what is left by Status

A pity. As I said, I don't want to Filter anything, it's about Sorting.

I was hoping for some magic keystroke combination + a mouse-click on the column heading. Ctrl-Alt + LMB click...or whatever.

Click on the column names in the opposite order of your priorities. Done.

... or at least that is how I think I do that in both XLS and CM.

Hmmm. That is disappointing.
I swear I thought that’s how it always worked (and how I do it in other software).
Sorry.

The only way to get that result is to search bridge. This will list assets with bridge in the name. Then click on the header build version to list in order. You could also add the min build below the installed selection and enter say 4.3 to eliminate older ones.
Just click the header (name, build version, status, modified etc) to list that column in order.

Last edited:
Deane - Are you making use of the List Assets in New Window facility? To list bridges by Trainz build:

* Sort by Type.
* Select all the bridge assets and open in a new window.
* Sort by Build Version.

You can copy the resulting list and paste it into a text document but only the kuid and name are pasted.

Trevor

Deane - Are you making use of the List Assets in New Window facility?

Trevor

Yes sure, but the fact that we need to do such work-arounds is proof that CM cannot do multi-column sequential sorting by clicking on headings in some way. At least I now know that there is no magical combination of keystrokes and mouse clicks.

Back