Problem downloading content

LionkingCMSL

Retired Amtrak worker
I am not sure if this has been addressed before, but I'm not going to do an archive dive, so forgive me for bringing up an old topic, if that is the case.

Every so often when I try to download some content I get a "file not found issue", like with the RDCs, or I get the following example:

- <NULL> Unable to open CDP file 'C:/Users/(redacted)/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build jukjs4t91/cache/internet/udqej4dm4107.cdp' for reading .

How can I get around this issue? I want to download the various Type G signals, the inverted triangle signal, for my railroad.

Thank you for your time.

If you haven't already, exclude your Trainz program and data folders from your antivirus scanning. The antivirus can and will interrupt downloads and cause them to end up corrupted.

Clean out your AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build jukjs4t91/cache/internet/ folder and try again.

If you haven't already, exclude your Trainz program and data folders from your antivirus scanning. The antivirus can and will interrupt downloads and cause them to end up corrupted.

Clean out your AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build jukjs4t91/cache/internet/ folder and try again.

Thanks for your answer, however, I did everything you suggested, even to the point of turning off my virus protection, and I get the same error.

For the record, my OS is Windows 10 and my virus protection/firewall is Zone Alarm.

File not found means it is not on the DLS as it might be DLC and will only load when you have the route installed that uses them. You may have installed the DLC package at one point but later deleted it or it got removed.

Thanks for your answer, however, I did everything you suggested, even to the point of turning off my virus protection, and I get the same error.

For the record, my OS is Windows 10 and my virus protection/firewall is Zone Alarm.

Not turned off just exclude your data folder and the Trainz program folder from scanning. This doesn't include a system scan that you do manually on schedule.

Stagecoach is right and that could be a possibility, although, I've never seen that error relating to installed DLC, but I have seen it when something eats the file and corrupts it as it downloads part way. The other possibility is your internet connection timing out on very large downloads. This is a common issue with wireless networks.

Not turned off just exclude your data folder and the Trainz program folder from scanning. This doesn't include a system scan that you do manually on schedule.

Stagecoach is right and that could be a possibility, although, I've never seen that error relating to installed DLC, but I have seen it when something eats the file and corrupts it as it downloads part way. The other possibility is your internet connection timing out on very large downloads. This is a common issue with wireless networks.

But that still doesn't answer the problem of the error occurring with Zone Alarm turned off.
As for the wireless issue, while I'm using Wi-Fi to connect my laptop to the router, the modem is directly connected to the internet via cable and I've never had a problem of downloading large files. In fact, that's how I downloaded TS19.

Is there something else I'm missing?

LionKingCMSL. I see this a lot in 2019 for larger assets, kind of replacing T:ANE's "connection interrupted" error. In T:ANE I could right-click and select "Download" again, and since it actually was downloaded, it would just install. With 2019 I have found no way around this. I HAVE seen some items download twice, finishing the first download and then automatically starting it over again without any error message whatsoever, which is a real pain, but usually succeeds the second time. Otherwise, the only way I have found around the error you are getting is a DBR, and since I always do an EDBR I can't say if a normal one would fix it, but it should, I think. If there is an easier fix, I'd love to know...

Please provide the kuid and asset you are attempting to download that are giving you a problem. I'll take a look at them. It could be a number of factors, but something is eating the download somewhere in transit whether it's your antivirus, or something else. With Zone Alarm, make sure it is indeed not scanning those folders. I've had issue with that program where you can go through the motions of unblocking their network connections, but they still blocked it. Kaspersky does the same and it's really annoying and frustrating.

Back