New Trainz 2019 Install Question

dbgallant77

Hi, I just purchased and installed TRS 2019. When I launched 2019, it started doing an Asset Download and everything was going fine until about 3/4 of the way through the download. I started getting download errors, saying my disk was getting full - even though I had installed the game onto my D: drive (1 TB drive with 664GB free). Then I realized that it was my SSD C: drive that was filling up - it only had about 70GB free (that's why I directed my TRS 2019 installation to the D: drive).

After digging around through my C: drive folders, I found that TRS 2019 had installed 37GB into my C:\Users\....\AppData\Local folder. Is there any way that AppData can be moved to my D: drive?

Thanks......Grampy

You can right click and select cut and then paste on your D drive. The cut and paste is like copy and paste, but instead of copying it, it'll move it. After moving it, just point Trainz to the content folder on your D drive.

Cheers

TRS19 has two folders, the install which goes to the drive you select and the content which goes to the C drive. Install the basic TRS19 and then copy the build *********** folder on you C drive to another drive (Trainz/settings/install will show where it is). Once moved change the path in Trainz/settings/install to the new location then you can start downloading. Delete the build fold only from your C drive.

Thank you Hiawathamr and Stagecoach for your help....! Your help plus some other detailed steps I found on Trainz Settings worked. The TRS2019 content is now on my D: drive and I've freed up over 50 GB of space on my smaller C: drive....!

Back