Shipden

ray_whiley

Shipden is another 1:76 scale, UK 00 Gauge, terminus, based on Cyril Feezer's Brill, no. 23 in his PSL Book of Model Railway Track Plans. The original was for a baseboard 1.65 x 0.325m. My version follows the track plan but is appreciably larger, and will take four or five coaches rather than the original two. There is a large fiddle yard with an industrial background.

Shipden was a village to the north of Crowmere (Cromer) in North Norfolk. It was swallowed by the sea in the fourtenth century, so was not able to benefit from the invention of the railway.

Screenshots to follow.

Ray

I've already discovered Shipden Ray and even went so far as to dig around and find all my early BR assets.
I know the D41's worked over the old M&GNJR so I assumed they ran on the old GER lines too.

Shipden's a nice BLT layout with everything I would imagine happening at an unhurried pace. I'm looking at some old C.J.F plans too to look for a little inspiration.

EfQ8Zmu.jpg

87dkwr9.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good in your screenshots - I'm not much good at them, can't get rid of those red and green arrows!

Ray

When in Driver, open Display Menu and uncheck Junction Overlays. That should do it. You can also use Crtl+H.

smyers

Back