Is the web program Steam legit?

Johnda1237

I just experienced a download of TRS2012 through Steam. My computer ( Windows 10) was overloaded with extra software I did not want! Still working to clean up my computer. Any others have a problem with Steam?

No, no problems with Steam on my end. It could be a permissions issues with Steam with adding extra things to your library.
Might be best to take this to Steam's helpdesk and see if they can sort it out

Cheers

I am just cleaning out things as I go. The Steam download of TRS2012 resulted in a truncated version of Simulator12, not all the routes were there and file manager was not operating, although I had filled in all the blanks. I finally uninstalled it. I am downloading it from Amazon, and it seems to be a full version. We’ll see.

It sounds like all the "extra bits" you uninstalled were part of the game. I've got TS12, TANE and TRS19 installed under Steam and have never had a problem. In general, Steam installs N3V programs exactly as the retail version except the program is installed in the Steamapp folder. TANE and TRS19 have the external content folder in AppData unless you move it, this is the same as the retail.

By the way, you can check the integrity of any program installed in Steam by going to the list of games, right click on the name of the game and choose properties. In the box that opens choose the local files tab and then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files... Missing files will be automatically downloaded and installed.

I find managing DLC in Steam to be far superior to what N3V offers in anything but the very latest of TRS19. In the same properties box as above, you can choose the DLC tab and simply uncheck or check the DLC you want installed and it is added or removed by the client.

William

Back