James May Makes A Big Eating Mistake on a Japanese Excursion Train

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
My dad sent me a text with a link to this YouTube video and after watching it, I thought, I have to put this on the Forums 'cause I know that people on here will enjoy it like I did.

32 views yet no replies? I thought there'd be some comments by the time I get back on my computer.

LOL! I thought it was a hoot! Would love to ride that train, but out of my price range, and I think I'd rather have a burger....!

32 views yet no replies? I thought there'd be some comments by the time I get back on my computer.

That's fairly typical Jordon. There's a lot of 'lookers and grunters' on the forum that don't post any comments ever. Out of all those who visit the forum possibly only a few dozen regulars actually post comments or give any encouragement.

It was a funny video clip though and it made me smile.

That's fairly typical Jordon. There's a lot of 'lookers and grunters' on the forum that don't post any comments ever. Out of all those who visit the forum possibly only a few dozen regulars actually post comments or give any encouragement.

It was a funny video clip though and it made me smile.

I get a lot of crickets too, Annie.
Speaking of which, take a look at the washing and cleaning video... :)

The Japanese train ride is good too, but quite long.

Back to topic. This made me laugh as well!

This is very typical of the advertising and promotional industry.

My dad and brother worked in the industry for decades. in the late 80's to early 90's, I joined the firm and did some typesetting. One of the customers did food packaging and had some frozen sirloin burgers in some new packaging. A photographer came in and took photos of hamburgers grilled on our outdoor grill. The problem, however, is the hamburgers weren't grilled enough so Sharpie markers were used to color the stripes on the burgers. To top it off, some fries were put on the plate along with sliced tomatoes and lettuce pieces. The problem with those was they weren't wet and shiny enough so some corn oil was splashed on the fries, tomatoes, and lettuce to make them look fresh and lively. It was a waste of food for a photo shoot, but there's no way I would eat that after what was done with those burgers and fries! What's interesting is the same packaging is still used today and I get to see it in the supermarket.

Another time my dad made some fake ice cream bars for the famous Hoods Milk Company. They were pieces of Styrofoam cut into the shape of the ice cream bars and colored whatever color they were supposed to be. They were made of Styrofoam because the real bars would melt.

It was interesting being on the inside of the process.

That's an interesting insight regarding the advertising industry John. I had heard that food photography was an entire branch of photography all on its own involving a good deal of fakery, but it's nice to read an inside story about it.

like my brother that drank the lemon water at Spur that is served there to wash your hands after you ate Spur ribs..they freaked out...

Back