Trainz Plus Beta 107918 Available

It is interesting that a number of people have expressed no interest in "multiplayer". I'd really like to find out more about why this is.

Building a route on your own is pretty much the same thing as building a model railroad and never inviting anyone over to take look at it. (Of course with our virtual routes you can share it with others through the DLS or directly so it is a little different).

As creator/owner of an MPS route, you get to choose who can "visit" as a guest to check it out (with no editing rights if you choose). Or you can choose who can edit various parts of it (such as scenery or track only), or who can drive trains on it.

All this can happen whether you are there or not. At one extreme, you could create a MPS route, share it, and never see another person.

At the other extreme, you could have a dozen or more people all participating in creating their own section of the route, or each person concentrating on their speciality such as terrain painting or track signalling.

In a recent beta test, rickbell/NJP ran a one baseboard challenge where each person who logged in took charge of their own "island" and did whatever they want. Just in that little test I am sure each person learned something from the others about different ways to do things.

So for those "with no interest in MPS" please tell me in more detail what your concerns are and whether the short speel above has made any difference to your thoughts.

TurfFX presets are not valid from previous version.

; <kuid:124863:101826> Validating <kuid:124863:101826>
- <kuid:124863:101826> VE50: Unsupported kind 'effect-layer-preset'.

Hi Tony,

I originally said that I was not interested in Multiplayer - meaning I have no desire to "play trainz" as in a session etc.
However, I am interested in sharing amongst a small group of friends the ability to create/test a route(s) and possible sessions for upload to DLS.

I think another worry folks may have is that to date it is unclear if trainz 19 and future releases are going to be a one program fits all or if N3V are going to have standard and plus versions for each new release???

Also, currently we are waiting on quarterly releases for upgrades for TRS19 & Plus (with the occasional minor fix when things go bad). Example being the current release for Plus and issues with faulty assets, kin files and payware not payware - I currently have 500 assets/route/sessions saying they are faulty sitting there and I am in no way going to try and fix problems that were not there prior to the current release - back to you mate!

Tony I'm a person who likes to quietly work on my own on the routes I build and I prefer to operate my layouts/routes on my own as well. I strongly dislike any kind of chat or instant communication media. Having narcolepsy has a lot to do with this since having to explain myself to others in real time can be a trial and difficult at times. Multiplayer might suit some folk, but not me.
I mainly wanted to try out Plus+ to use the Unified Driver/Surveyor interface and I've been enjoying using that, but I don't think I can face downloading an update that's going to make a large number of assets suddenly faulty when they were fine before.

I originally purchase this game so I could build routes at my own pace whenever I was in the mood to do so . It really doesn't bother me if nobody ever sees the finished product but me.The route I'm working on started back in TRS2004 as individual modules when we were going through that stage. These have now been put together as a driveable route and upgraded to the latest build through all the previous versions/builds since then.
If I think it's worth it I'll post some screen shots and eventually will upload it to the DLS . I am particular about the way I want it to be not the way others may see it. If they download it and want to use or change it that's up to them.

When I copy and paste fixed track, this happens...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Also, my TRC triggers aren't seeing the crossing signals like they did before the update...

Multiplayer Surveyor?

To me route building is a personal thing, I spend hours and hours researching, if something doesn't exist like a specific feature I make it, current project which is the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway in the 1930's using Terrain created with Transdem. I started in August 2016, getting close to finishing it in the next couple of months and will be on the DLS, edh6 is doing a magnificent job in creating the rolling stock for it, as he did for my Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland route which took me eight years.
I'm not adverse to criticism or advice most of which is helpful, however I do not want people "changing" my interpretation of the route, think of it as a "artistic" creation.

Not saying that multiplayer Surveyor or for that matter multiplayer doesn't have it's place for some, I did all the multiplayer stuff when it was a new concept with FPS games on slow internet and got bored with it so just not my preference. I work better on my own.

Most faulty assets came from DLC and once uninstalled and reinstalled the faults went, some even did it on revert.
I like the new merge session window it shows faulty assets and locations of faulty track objects. I found tankers floating in the baseboard and track that had got duplicated on top of itself. Even moving a layer to another place lists faults.

I probably wouldn't use MPS unless someone asked me to help out. But while doing the MPS testing it seemed to me that many would love it. Assuming MPS users continue to use Discord chat and voice then coordination is quite easy.

MPS was surprisingly fast during the testing except when it broke which it did a lot but that was the point of testing. :hehe: There were several sessions when I don't recall it breaking at all.

It's kind of fun watching others move mountains and putting chickens, cows and horses everywhere.

Thank you very much N3V :(, 238 steamlocomotives are faulty because they have no longer a cab, because in the new version, <kuid2:96914:55479:3> USRA cabin by bdaneal is flagged as "Installed, Payware (not active)".
Another extended database repair didn't change anything.

Regards
Swordfish

I redownloaded all my DLC packages and that did not fix very much at all - USRA cab etc still not updated and kin file issues etc still there. Some assets claim to be payware and not installed as well.

Thank you very much N3V :(, 238 steamlocomotives are faulty because they have no longer a cab, because in the new version, <kuid2:96914:55479:3> USRA cabin by bdaneal is flagged as "Installed, Payware (not active)".
>>
No, thank you for bringing it to our attention. <kuid2:96914:55479:3> shows as builtin here so I am assuming you've got something else installed causing the problem. Can you select the item in CM and go Content > Report containing packages and let me know what items are listed.

HPL - thanks for the list. We're going through them all but it does appear these assets are either configured incorrectly or faulty. We're looking at the impact and what we can do to work around the issues.

60+ other assets are now "Installed, Payware (not active)"
>>
Can you provide the list of these please.

We're still investigating the remaining reports.

TurfFX presets are not valid from previous version.

; <kuid:124863:101826> Validating <kuid:124863:101826>
- <kuid:124863:101826> VE50: Unsupported kind 'effect-layer-preset'.

John, what are the steps to get this error?

Could those users with payware not active errors please restart Trainz, re-enter your username and confirm if the problem is resolved. Thanks

Could those users with payware not active errors please restart Trainz, re-enter your username and confirm if the problem is resolved. Thanks

That was it!
My 238 steamlocomotives have got their cab back, thank you very much, Tony. :)

Regards
Swordfish

PS: The asset is now flagged as, "Installed, Payware", the containing package is sc431p.

These assets (locomotives) are still flagged as "Installed, Payware (not active)":

<kuid:300193:100513> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 9 )
<kuid:300193:100145> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 1 )
<kuid:300193:100506> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 2 )
<kuid2:45324:100125:2> CSX SD60 yn2
<kuid:300193:100509> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 3 )
<kuid:300193:100511> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 5 )
<kuid:300193:100512> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 6 )
<kuid:300193:100515> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 8 )
<kuid:300193:100516> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 10 )
<kuid:523:19723187> N&W Y6B Weathered
<kuid2:45324:100124:2> UP SD50
<kuid2:45324:120003:2> SPBW SD50
<kuid2:45324:100031:2> NS SD60
<kuid2:45324:100036:2> CSX SD60
<kuid2:45324:100034:2> CR SD60
<kuid2:45324:100112:2> BN SD60

The containing packages are (please Tony, make this menu copyable): sc052p, sc079p, sc246p, sc247p, sc257p, sc263p, sc267p, sc277p, sc332p

Regards
Swordfish

And here is the rollingstock, flagged as "Installed, Payware (not active)":

<kuid:300193:100510> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 4 )
<kuid:300193:100514> JPN - Tokyo Metro 08 ( 7 )
<kuid:523:19723188> N&W Y6B Tender Weathered

The containing packages are: sc277p, sc332p

Regards
Swordfish

it does appear these assets are either configured incorrectly or faulty.
They always worked flawlessly in 106618 (and previous builds) so how all of sudden could they become configured incorrectly or faulty?

60+ other assets are now "Installed, Payware (not active)"
>>
Can you provide the list of these please.
As soon as I install the patch again (currently back to 106618)...

Last edited:
Back