Missioncode Triggers for signal direction

marky7890

Hi All,
I have discovered a problem while testing out AI operations on my route. I am using Interlocking tower and Missioncode Manager, And I have set up 3 triggers on the Falmouth branch which automatically switch the paths of the towers depending on the trains mission code (one code for Falmouth bound trains, one for Truro bound.) There are triggers South and North of Penryn station loop and one at the Northern end of the branch to set the path onto the mainline and into Truro station. However it turns out the Falmouth bound train is setting the path for the Penryn loop from the trigger at the north end of the line which is meant to set the path into Truro, so the Truro bound train can't activate the path at Penryn, which has to be there first. Is there any way to make a missioncode trigger only act when a train goes over in a certain direction?

Thanks.

From what I understand, the trigger only serves to activate an applicable MC for the train passing over it. I recall that there is an option under the MissionCode Manager Towers_Paths page(?), to only allow paths that have a specific mission code (some paths might be valid for all MCs). This requires a bit more setting up since you'd need to assign your mission codes explicitly to all applicable paths in the tower, but should prevent the sort of reverse path activation that you've encountered. Sorry I can't be more specific; I'm not near my Trainz program at the moment.

Hi.

Which type of path trigger do you use ? EIT PathTrigger (<kuid2:61392:8121:1>) are in fact specific trackmark that should fire only for trains going in the same direction as the trackmark (they are in fact an oriented trigger trackmark) and when a train passes on it in the correct direction, they will search forward for the next entry signal (along a 10 km distance … ) and should request the next MCM path to be be activated at this entry signal. I have currently no bug report about this functionality, but all route may have their own problems … If it is does not work as expected, you can contact me by PM to study more in details your problem …

Regards.
Pierre.

I was using normal triggers, but have switched to the EIT PathTrigger's and that has sorted things out. Thanks

Back