mesh "default"?

Forester1

Sorry if this is an old topic, but I did look at other SD45s by Joram24 and did not find this file, even though the others are without error. I have an error with these two PRR SD45s:

<kuid:138423:113113> SD45 PRR Brunswick
<kuid:138423:113098> SD45 PRR Tuscan

- <kuid:138423:113098> VE20: Mesh 'default' referenced in 'mesh-table/default-night' was not found within the mesh table.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks for any help you can give!

For those of us not at our computers, or not having those locos (they are not on the DLS), could you show the config of one of them, especially the mesh-table container? Also it would be handy to see a list of the actual mesh files present in the asset folder(s).

Last edited:
Here is the mesh-table container in the config.txt file. I am wondering if this is just a line to delete (night-mesh-base)? The default-night stanza is second from the bottom:

mesh-table
{
body
{
mesh "sd45_body/sd45.lm"
auto-create 1
animation-loop-speed 1

effects
{
sd45map1-tex
{
kind "texture-replacement"
texture "sd45map1.texture"
}

sd45map2-tex
{
texture "sd45map2.texture"
}

numboard1-numboard2-tex
{
texture "numboard1-numboard2.texture"
}

{
kind "attachment"
att "a.fan0"
default-mesh <kuid:138423:111030>
}

{
kind "attachment"
att "a.fan1"
}

{
kind "attachment"
att "a.fan2"
}

{
kind "attachment"
att "a.fan3"
}

{
kind "attachment"
att "a.fan4"
}
}
}

default-night
{
mesh "sd45_body/light.im"
night-mesh-base "default"
}

shadow
{
mesh "sd45_shadow/sd45_shadow.im"
}
}

Below is a list of the .im files. There is a light.im, but in looking at it all I see is a default blue field with nothing in it.

light.im
sd45.im
sd45low.im
sd45mid.im

There is also a light.tga file that appears to have a rectangular light, a light that looks like a headlight coming in the distance, and light reflecting from various metal pieces.
Let me know any more information I can send you. Thanks!

I might be wrong about this, but the error message tells us that the container called "default-night" is looking for another container in the mesh-table called "default" to base the position of the nightmode mesh on. This is what "night-mesh-base" means (I think). Since there is no container called "default", it cannot do its job.

The mesh-table container that I think it should be referencing is called "body" because that's where the main meshes of the loco are all specified. If I'm right, everything should be good if you change the line;

night-mesh-base "default"

to

night-mesh-base "body"

I'd test it myself if I could, but I can't get the loco.

If this solves the issue then good, but in any case,
I think it would be advisable to contact Joram24 and tell him about the fault so he can fix it at source. If it had been a DLS asset, the error-checks would probably have rejected the upload, but I'm guessing it's from some 3rd-party website which doesn't quality-check assets as well as the DLS does.

Last edited:
Thanks Dinorius, that worked. But your comments have me a bit concerned. It does not sound like these are offered on the current RRMods web site, so I thought I must have got them from the old wayback rrmods site, but I do not find them there. I will try to research where I got these from, but my search for missing dependencies of all kinds has had me going around the world to scores of websites, and I don't know how long I have had these, because I came across them fixing faulty assets. If I can weed back through histories and find them, if they are not legit, I will delete them, and I will report the location where I got them back here in this thread. RRmods has been too good to me with their offerings to abuse them.

Edit, well it wasn't too hard. They are here:
http://www.rrmods.us/product/prr-brunswick-sd45/
http://www.rrmods.us/product/prr-tuscan-sd45/

Not sure what is going on? There are big working download buttons, but the actual path is Home[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT]Payware[FONT=&quot] / [/FONT]Locomotive Type[FONT=&quot] / [/FONT]EMD Locomotives[FONT=&quot] / [/FONT]SD45[FONT=&quot] / PRR Tuscan SD45
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Looks like there are quite a few free downloads under payware...[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Last edited:
A bit of an organizational nightmare I suppose, but I'm glad the local solution worked. :)

If Joram24 has an email address, maybe a PM via this forum, or even if RRMods website has a "contact us" link, I still think it would be a good thing to somehow inform him/them of the fault you found.

Back