"New Version Available"?

boleyd

When an asset in the database is labeled as "Newer version available" I believe the recommended action is to List Asset Versions. When I do, a page "Open For Edit, newer version available" appears. If I then interrogate it via the List Asset Versions another page appears that is Identical. If I repeat the process another identical page appears and if I had the patience, barring bathroom breaks, I could get more identical pages. I assume I am doing something wrong????

If you right-click and select "List Asset Versions", it should show you all the versions, and you can download the newest one. Maybe being Open for Edit changes this? You might try right-clicking it and selecting "Revert to Original", and after it is back to normal, List the Asset Versions again.

List Asset Version always gives a page offering options, none have consistently allowed my to replace the old asset with the new version. Instead I get another copy of the page I am already on. I'll try your sequence. THANKS

You should get a list like the one below. The one circled in blue is your current version, the one highlighted in yellow is the one you want. They may not necessarily be in that order, I have seen them listed in various orders, but you want the one with the highest KUID. I had one the other day that even changed creators and names! (see this post: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?159526-Curious-how-this-works). Once you download that one, your current one should change to obsolete.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
You should get a list like the one below. The one circled in blue is your current version, the one highlighted in yellow is the one you want. They may not necessarily be in that order, I have seen them listed in various orders, but you want the one with the highest KUID. I had one the other day that even changed creators and names! (see this post: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?159526-Curious-how-this-works). Once you download that one, your current one should change to obsolete.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Click on asset ID or any other header to sort them in order.

If I have multiple updates I sort on status which will give unknown at the top followed by the ones to download.

Back