Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopper

Default Hopper

Anyone know where to find a hopper like this?
    Last edited by WCL; July 1st, 2020 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Forgot a picture

This road, or this type? Majekear has a fair-size assortment of this type but not TRLX. I don't see any TRLX of this particular type. This is <kuid2:56063:175020:2> 4Bay Cylindrical Hopper Indusmin NCHX 46006 LARS, and the dump chutes at the bottom don't match you photo with these either. Sorry.:

“We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Blog Entries

common Canadian-style cylindrical hoppers are good stand-ins though
    1970's Fan

It's an interesting looking photo though. It looks as if it is meant for a liquid load, rather than solid. Or maybe it is a flowable of some kind. I see two pipes running underneath, and what look like liquid-type shutoff valves. The red lettering speaks to safety shutoff valves above max pressure. I am curious what it hauls and whether there is anything like this in the Trainz world.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

Some of RRMODS http://www.rrmods.us/product-categor...overed-hopper/ Plastics Hoppers come close. Their HC5B 5125CF have the under car plumbing anyway and they do have some four bay versions (Edit after checking I was wrong, no 4 bays) although all I have are five bay versions. I haven't seen a full cylindrical car like that though.

These are the HC5B 5125CFs I have. They have several more reporting marks.

(and yes, I did buy those just for the under car plumbing)

Edit: some of DaveSnow's hoppers with the full word "cylindrical" look to be somewhat close.
    Last edited by normhart; July 1st, 2020 at 11:42 PM.
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    It's an interesting looking photo though. It looks as if it is meant for a liquid load, rather than solid. Or maybe it is a flowable of some kind. I see two pipes running underneath, and what look like liquid-type shutoff valves. The red lettering speaks to safety shutoff valves above max pressure. I am curious what it hauls and whether there is anything like this in the Trainz world.
    Here is what RRMods sez;
    "Prototype Description:
    The Trinity Industries, Inc. Power Flo is a 5,125 cu ft, five-hopper, 15 psi.
    pressure-differential, pneumatic unloading covered hopper designed to
    economically transport and efficiently load and unload dry, free-flowing commodities.
    The car has seven (7) 20 in diameter circular manhole hatches that allow loading
    of a single compartment with manufacturer applied lining and no interior obstructions
    for faster loading, unloading and cleaning times, resulting in lower transportation costs."
    The United State's Health Care System ranks 37th in the world just behind Costa Rica.

Nice! Thanks for that Norm! Majekear has set of 4-bay plastics hoppers, but they don't have the plumbing, nor the blunt ends.

United States of America, Nebraska, Lincoln

there are 3 of these cars on the DLS. one a repaint by BN1970, Power Flo Covered Hopper PC KUID:186817:100333. And two By Dave Snow, Power Flo Covered Hopper NAHXKUID2:101046:101313:2. and Power Flo Covered Hopper TILXKUID:101046:100242

Great find jregner 1955! Turns out I have the Dave Snows. Has all the plumbing, but not quite the blunt ends of the OP photo. That photo almost seems to be a one-off of some kind...

Nice! Now why didn't I think to search by Power Flo?

Blog Entries

I gotta do a ton of power-flo reskins
    found a ton of paint schemes on http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/ and http://www.boxcars.us/
    either that or I could easily get fourteen to do so
    Last edited by john2002; July 2nd, 2020 at 05:02 PM.
    1970's Fan

Wow! Great site for ideas!

Blog Entries

Jon2002, is there a tutorial on turning these kinds of pictures into skins? Most of the shots aren't straight on, so things would not be square...?

Blog Entries

couldn't find one for reskinning, only mesh making
    1970's Fan