Installed payware routes not available after plus upgrade.

Piere

G'day All,

I recently discovered that my steam version of TRS2019 was not actually installing some of the available "plus" updates that I was subscribed to and it was suggested that I should install another copy, direct from the trainz portal, so that, that version would work properly.

So I've done that, and boy, what a pain in the posterior that was. I had copied my original database so that the new install could point to that instead, and all of a sudden, a whole bunch of stuff which had been fine and dandy before became "unknown location" or faulty (edit:And this was after a full database rebuild). Anyway, I think I have managed to sort most of that out.

But what I have also found is that four of my payware routes are now "Installed, Payware, not active".
Milwalkee Road Avery-Drexel
Season Town Northern RR
TRS2019 The Bidye Traction Railroad-Model Trainz
Warwick-Wallangarra

Is this something which has happened to others?

Cheers,
Piere.

Last edited:
Yes and this is a pain in the A***!

Shutdown Trainz if you have it running.

Look here:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Uninstalling_DLC

Open up the user data folder where your content is located.

Go to the packages folder.

Delete the folders associated with those routes. They are numbered SC-something, with an a, b, c, etc. on the end. All of these have to go.

Start up the Launcher.
Do a database repair.
Go to the content store and download these routes again.

There is an uninstall option in the Content Store, but it's awfully slow with no indication that it's doing anything. The old method is much, much faster.

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a go over the weekend.

Interesting to know that I'm not the only one with that experience of the content store options as well. It said it was downloading content for a route so I left it overnight and it still showed the same thing the next day, with no indication that it was doing anything at all.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Piere.

OK, So this has taken me a lot longer to get back to than I had intended, but anyway.....

So, I deleted the packages and did a dbr as suggested, but now, when I look in the content store, the only option I have for these routes is to purchase them!

Why doesn't it register that I should already have them?

Cheers,
Piere.

OK, So this has taken me a lot longer to get back to than I had intended, but anyway.....

So, I deleted the packages and did a dbr as suggested, but now, when I look in the content store, the only option I have for these routes is to purchase them!

Why doesn't it register that I should already have them?

Cheers,
Piere.

There are three tabs. Click on the purchased tab and check there our owned DLC will be located there. When you do download, only download a few things at a time, otherwise, the process locks up.

G'day John,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did look in there and they aren't listed.

The only place i see them is in the full listing under the store tab.

I've shut down the program a couple of times in case it needed some sort of "kick-start", but no luck.

Cheers,
Piere.

Also check your my trainz account for downloaded content that was purchased but not on the DLC. Make sure your user name and password are entered in launcher/settings/internet. Re-enter to make sure.

Last edited:
In this case a backup copy of the program might reset things. The links
to the needed files are somewhere. Otherwise this
is one of those "the more you try, the more you die" processes.

Thanks for the continued suggestions.

I've looked under my account downloads, nothing there.

I tried re-copying the folders from my trs2019 data folder, into my trs2019 plus folders. The routes show up under my "purchased" tab again, but only with the option to pay for them or uninstall them.

I've given up and raised a ticket with support to see if they can sort it out.

thanks again for the help and advice.

Cheers,
Piere.

Back