Long haul Irish routes?

STLSF4003

I can remember downloading a long route set in Ireland during the late steam era back in Trainz 2012, but for the life of me i can't remember it's name.

So i ask of the trainz community if there's any routes out there that match this vague description?

Did you check your CM for whats on the DLS? Decent list actually, but only one set that stands out as a decent size, ie <kuid:523061:101155> SE Ireland P1 1963. Wexford to Enniscorthy.

I did a search on the DLS and CM under both "irish" and "Ireland" an only really found a small hand full of routes and i'm sorry to say that SE Ireland was not the route i was looking for.

STLSF4003, you are correct. I posted that as I was running off to something, and looked closer when I got back.A ll the "railways" I saw were liveries, not routes. Sorry!

For what it is worth, I Googled Trainz Irish Route, and found postings from 2014, 2015 and 2016 of rjhowie doing a large Irish route. But I could not find any postings that the route was finished or ever released, and it was in the Surveyors forum, so not guaranteed to be freeware. The thread drops after 9 posts from Dec 15, 2015 to August 10, 2016. There was an earlier thread for the same route in 2014. Here is this part, of course any pictures or slideshow is long gone: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...nd-see-the-Irish-southern-slideshow&styleid=6

I think Rob's (rjhowie) ambition was to put out a route covering all of Ulster and last I heard he was also working on extending south into Eire towards Dublin. Would be great if it ever comes to fruition.

Over the years I've had a go at starting a couple of Irish routes but sadly nothing ever came of my efforts. The one I would love to see is the entire "Western Corridor" from Tralee to Sligo, part of which of course was revived IRL (Limerick to Galway) but by all accounts runs at a huge loss. Next up would be Rosslare to Limerick Junction, though only the section on from Waterford to LJ now survives in operational status and that probably on a wing and a prayer financially.

I can remember downloading a long route set in Ireland during the late steam era back in Trainz 2012, but for the life of me i can't remember it's name.

So i ask of the trainz community if there's any routes out there that match this vague description?

From what I remember, Along UTA lines was the biggest Irish route in trainz. there was also LMS Ireland Part 1 and 2 but it never worked for me but apparently it was just Along UTA lines split into two parts.

Rjhowie is working on the NI Railways as well as the Enterprise service(I'm currently nearly finished making a model of the Enterprise train, getting the lines to line up drove me mad) to Dublin. Haven't heard from him in a while but last I heard he was stuck working on scenery between Drogheda and Dundalk and was his last hurdle.

There was a small route that consisted of just Limerick Junction.

And I'm not sure if this was on the DLS, but someone created a route from Dublin Connolly that jump skipped to Howth and Drogheda with a lot of detail missing (including stations) in between.

I created SE Ireland I think back in 2009. I'm currently working on extending it to Rosslare and Dublin with branches to Waterford, Shillelagh and bits around Dublin. Dublin and the Wicklow Mountains have really made me hate scenery! To make matters worse, TransDEM hasn't reacted well to Wicklow's glaciated valleys so they'll have to be painstakingly carved out by hand, I really wish there was more terrain options for trainz.

Regards, NG routes. I know a lot of content was created but I'm not sure about routes.

Back