New player route building trouble - do not get industry to work

Agathos_Deimon

BUG - Industry loading/unloading positions get seperated when asset is moved/rotated

EDITNOTE 07/01/2020: After further investigation into this i changed the thread topic, as everything indicates that there is a bug in the editor with any industry asset after inital placing. It seems once place the loading/unloading trigger points stay where they are when moving/rotating the industry asset after it was placed. This than results in the industry not properly interacting with trains for loading/unloading anymore. I keept the original text below so anyone can see how the thread developed.

Hi again folks,

i have trouble setting up a working industry. I have watched some tutorials, checked the Trainz Wiki and also looked into existing routes like Niddertalbahn and Kickstarter to see how there the industry is set up.

Now for a test i wanted to set up a very simple coal production and loading. I build a piece of track and connected either the Multiple_Industry_New or Mult Ind | 10m or 20m versions. I than set up queue #1 with "coal", entered a value. Went to tracks set it to just "load" and than in the "processes" tab set a number of 10 tons to produce every 30 seconds. Products tab i left mostly alone. Just as testing and not working progresses i tried some changes there, like switching from tonnes to items and or add a vehicle load.

But whenever i put a loco and a Coal hopper on the track and moved the empty hopper onto the industry track nothing happened at all. I went to the other routes, checked the settings there, saw that they are the exact same i used, put a hopper and loco there and everything worked perfect.

I though it might depend of attached buildings so i removed those on the existing routes but the bare industry track worked.

But no matter what i try i dont get my own industry to load. Route and sessions settings are the same. I have taken care that the queue which has items is the queue from which to load the vehicles. I simply run out of ideas and are at the verge of giving up.

I am getting more and more frustrated with TSR 2019 PE as from what i see in this game...more things don't work like described as actually working properly. I read the guides, i look at the tools, i use em as described but no...wont work.....

I would appreciate any help.

Last edited:
You need to setup everything in the session you are going to drive and not the route.

Once your industries and wagons are configured, you need to direct your AI drivers to load at one industry and unload at another. When driving through the industries, ensure they drive at no more than 8 kph/5 mph.

Here's the sequence that works pretty well for me. Adopt this to suit your needs.

1) On the route its self, put in a track mark on the branch leading to the industry.
2) After the track mark, put in a 5 mph or 8 kph speed limit.
3) Put in a track mark after your industry that's far enough past the industry so that the last wagon can completely unload.

In your session; the same one you configured your industries in, set this up:

1) AI driver command Drive To Track Mark "Industry Lead" (call it whatever you want).
2) Wait 10 seconds. This gives the AI time to reset.
3) Drive to Industry. For your coalmine, you need to use load.
4) Drive to Exit track mark.

Drive/Navigate to destination industry.
Use the same configuration, except, use unload at the power plant, for example.

Note: You can substitute Drive To Track Mark with Navigate To Track Mark. This is also the same as Drive To Industry-name. You can use Navigate To Industry-name as well.

If you've got this configured and working, you can direct the AI to navigate back to the coal mine and repeat the sequence again to load, and repeatedly unload at the power plant.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the long answer, but it misses the point.

My industries simply won't work. I.e. i set up a multiple new industrie track, configure it to produced and load coal, but i will never do so. And it doesnt matter if i place the industrie in the route or the session. Same for i.e. the coal loading asset.

I have played around a little more and though i will take a "premade" industrie. I took a lumber mill basic, put some track around it, put a loco and a woodchip car onto the track - all in the route layer btw - and to my suprise this time the industry worked and loaded the woodchip car. So i added a multiple new industrie piece and set it to unload woodchips and produce pallatised goods. I drove the woodchips there and this time it worked, woodchips unloaded, palletised goods loaded.

After that i played around more. But success is not yet given. Even just reproducing the above basic layout again...doesn't work.

I stumbled upon some very weird things. If i place the lumber mill and do not touch it, it seems to work properly. If i rotate it to change its "heading" its ceases to work. If i put it back on "0" heading and it started to work again. I have even made a route now where the 1st place lumber mill works, and a second one even if untouched wont to anything. WTF this is neither userfriendly, logical or even explained anywhere in the documentation...what does the orientation of the mill have to do with if it loads cars or not.

Beside the above mentioned try i do not get any more of the industrial pieces to work.

This is all is extremely frustrating. It seems the entire editor and assets seem to abritarly do what they want and just using the information from the wiki and videos setting those things up simply do not work.

Even more frustrating is that the existing routes industries seem to work just fine. No track markers or anything like that advance stuff their, just a industry piece configured and freely place on the route.

EDIT: I now seem to have a few industries working...but to be honest i have no clue why. Also this industrie pieces seem to survive when i rotate them. I still try to figure out where the differences lies to my previous tries. They are all located within the route layer. Also the configuration is placed there. The issue with the lumber mill on the other hand is persistent. Once it is rotated away from a "0" default heading it stops working on my route.

EDIT 2: I tested with the coal mine premade industry. Works fine if kept at default heading "0" once rotated although the trigger on the coal loading still works, the animation where it drops is off i.e. car is on track #1 but the animation goes off at #2. If kept at default heading "0" if car is loaded on #1 the animation also is at #1. So it seems that when those assets are rotated the loading points do not rotate with em.

Last edited:
That's because these days most industries don't work. Beyond frustrating, as I find more that don't, and that's just in Tane. TRS19 probably has even more faults. However multiple_industry_new (and short) are two that do work correctly, in Tane at least. What you didn't mention was if in setting it up, you set "Track"? You need to do so, and select whether to load or unload each item, and this is were most industry is broken and can't be set. The 10m and 20m versions are all older and broken, only the 2 new ones I listed are working that I know of.

Hi A_D --

It's most likely that you aren't configuring the industry correctly.

I could give a detailed description, but it's probably easier to direct you to a session where the MIN are correctly configured and do work. And, on the assumption it is best to learn from example, can I suggest you might like to edit the session to see how the MIN are configured?

See Session 2, Post #27, in this thread:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...yout-quot-The-Krashnburne-Railroad-quot/page2

The oversize plate carriers will load and unload at the MIN.

Now, for coal set up the configuration in a similar way but use coal as the commodity, max out the initial value and rate for the MIN that produces and for the one that consumes make the rate of consumption the maximum but the initial value zero. Jut like the example in Session 2. To maximise just press 9 six or seven times.

Ali --

All the interactive industries I've tried in TRS19 work. It the configuration.

Phil

@AliKiw: Yeah i did set up the tracks TAB. As said, i now have an multiple_industrie_new piece working and also an mult ind | 10m piece. I set them up the same exact way as in my tries where they didn't work and so currently i am clueless as to where is the difference.

@philskene: See above. I am fully with you on the learning from example. Thats why in my first few tries i simply copied an industry set up in one of the routes that came with the PE.

I will experiment a little further. What atm is still puzzeling me, is the fact that the premade industries do not work properly once rotated (and probably if moved after initial placing, but have to test that), cause it really limits the useability of those assets. I had just planned to build a little US/canadian example route using the lumber mill basic and the coal mine, but my route layout requires that they are not just headed at "0". :) I wonder if they keep working if i rotate the base boards - not sure if that is even possible.

Now i will try to build a little german coal mine plus steel factory using the multiple_industry_new, short and | 10m | 20m pieces and see how that works out.

Orientation won't affect them at all. Also be aware that most of these types take possession of the full radius of their track. Hard to explain, but if you place a building over them and attempt to adjust the building, turn it in any way, you will turn the TRACK instead. In such cases, make sure you have any buildings facing the correct way before placing them, or people or whatever, as you can't adjust them after placing. If that doesn't make sense, you'll find out shortly... :eek:

Today i digged a little deeper into the premade industry issue. With premade industry i mean assets i.e. the lumber mill complex or the coal mine which already come with products and reload positions. I can now safely confirm that they will work after initial placing correctly. If in the interface settings one has ticked the box for randomly rotated new objects, those assets will work whatever "heading" they are initially set. The trouble starts if you move and/or rotate them afterwards. In this case all things can happen, from simply not working, to some loading stations working, to strange things like you are on droper #1 but the animation goes of at #2 or i.e. diesel being unfueled 10m or so before the actual defueling installation. To me this all seems as if the build in loading/unloading points do not move with the asset itself after the initial placement. They get "detached" an cause of this if i want to use those assets i have to carefully place them and in case i want a certain orientation have to rely on the gamble of using the "randomly rotate option".

Their might be a work around using the select paste tool. As this, atleast in the one i did with the coal mine seemed to have moved around everything properly and seemed to work fully after "replacing". Nevertheless this is just a workaround which needs special attention to initial placement and the order and way you do things.

Next thing on the list is to get that german coal mine to work with just the multi industry track pieces. Will try out how placing on those works.

EDIT: I can now also confirm that the move/rotate issue effects the multi industry new and mult ind | 20m track as well. My assumption is that in TRS2019 PE in general after intial placing the "unloading/loading position" get seperated from the asset itself. It effects those things differently, cause as long as you only do minor corrections and the asset stays close to its inital placement, the unloading and loading still works. multi industry and mult ind | 20m cause of their nature will not show this effect unless placed a good deal away. While i.e. with the lumber mill the movement of the asset in regard to the "unloading/positions" in much greater even in minor moves/rotations.

I have edited the thread title due to this finding. As this is clearly a bug. A very nasty one.

Last edited:
Then it must be a TRS19 bug. I've given up on that nightmare and am staying with Tane (Trainz A New Era) until they produce something better. Am curious that no-one else has mentioned this problem, but once placed, one doesn't usually rotate the industry or you'd twist the track, so maybe you have found a bug that's been missed, very odd though.

Back