The DLS Violations of terms of service!

jjeff1955

DLS stating I am Blocked due to Violation of Terms and Service.

Now I am upset with this game!:(

I did not violate any ones assets
I have permissions for all of them to Upload without issues and now all of my Custom Map content is being blocked.

Last edited:
You might want to share a bit more information.

What are you uploading? What KUID? What is your ID? What extra information can you share?

Help us help you.

Why is it that people jump to conclusions? Rationally the first port of call is the helpdesk. Maybe the DLS had another brain fart. Did you remove your log in details from the launcher and resubmit to see if that made a difference. If you are indeed locked out, then the helpdesk can explain why. Before you boldly go and get upset, check the obvious first. Good Luck.
Graeme

Thanks for Helping me not to have a Heart Attack over this.
My ID is jjeff1955
asset ID 95230
I had already uploaded the <kuid2:95230:100678:1> and it states available for Download, I accidentally deleted the one in my Map and went to retrieve it from the available Jons Grade Xing US 4L1T V6 and is blocked saying I Violated the service agreement and is not available and it is gone now on the DLS under the search options.

This asset is Permission granted from Trainz 2019, Build 3.7. Approved Permission to use.Created by Linda/bnsf50/Clem Cummings"
author "Linda/bnsf50/Clem Cummings"
The same with all of the other assets I uploaded as well, permissions granted from the original Creators.
If you need anymore info please let me know?
Thanks to your fast replies and trying to help has made me feel better.
Maybe the DLS is just broken for a bit.

Last edited:
This asset is Permission granted from Trainz 2019, Build 3.7. Approved Permission to use.Created by Linda/bnsf50/Clem Cummings"

Permission to use is not permission to modify or upload. For instance, if you mean <kuid2:39134:101078:4> Grade Xing US 4L 1T then any modification is not permitted.

No I am almost Blind I can not see The text hardly anymore due to the Serious Eye Floaters I have gotten.
I am not shooting at no one, sorry for that.

What is wrong for using Bold for the Forums it is not that all much louder and is easier for me to see.
I guess this Trainz 2019 is becoming soured for me as every one is scolding me for have Eye site issue.

Permission to use is not permission to modify or upload. For instance, if you mean <kuid2:39134:101078:4> Grade Xing US 4L 1T then any modification is not permitted.

Yes it is permitted I was told that I was very allowed to do what was needed to get it to quality status and allowed to Repair the nasty Popping Bell Sounds added add the Correct xingstub.gs to get the errors
All resolved.
All parts were the original BNSF's Property and allowed.

Magnify your screen then to see it easier. Usually hold your CTRL key down while tapping the + or - sign. I have to do that a lot.

Thank You for that, I am pretty stupid sometimes and forget the obvious.

And I call myself a PC Technician, LOL!

I much appreciate you letting my know.

What I can also due is use the Bold while typing and them return it back to the normal size after I have proofed my message.
I guess I am just loosing it sometimes. my apologies to all that were offended

Bringing assets up to standard is fairly widely approved by asset creators. But those assets should be updated under the original creators kuid as a repair with new version number, not as a new asset. 868 assets are listed as yours and don't update the faulty assets they are supposed to be for.

Personally, using the trainz alias system would've been the best route to take. What it does is it'll refer to the original asset to make the mesh, and textures, and your modifications will be made in the alias asset. For my needs, the alias asset only has a config file, a preview image for the DLS, and any modifications made to it. Once done, the original asset becomes a dependency for the aliased content.

Here is a link to the alias. It's a reskin tutorial, but follows the same procedure
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Reskin_an_Asset_using_an_alias

Cheers

Bringing assets up to standard is fairly widely approved by asset creators. But those assets should be updated under the original creators kuid as a repair with new version number, not as a new asset.

For faulty assets this process has been formalized with the Content Repair Group, which operates under specific guidelines as to what constitutes a repair, as distinct from simply upgrading. It is possible to pass candidate assets to the CRG and to participate in the repair, if it qualifies, by providing the required adjustments.

As soon as I saw that your recent uploads were marked for Violations I filed a trouble ticket since I knew that those assets were open for modification and upload.

Hope it does some good, you've done good work on bnsf50's crossings and I can't figure out why they'd get tagged after an update.

Hang in there, it will get sorted.

That, sir, is bull pucky. I personally spoke to Linda shortly after Clem's passing. She and Clem always intended to have their assets available for use, modification, and uploading. She asked that Clem and she be remembered but did not insist on it.

I personally spoke to Linda shortly after Clem's passing. She and Clem always intended to have their assets available for use, modification, and uploading. She asked that Clem and she be remembered but did not insist on it.

That position is not consistent with the licence included with the asset, so the 'always' part is not correct. "This item is supplied free of charge for personnel use by registered users of Trainz. It or its contents must not be modified, offered for sale or supplied as any part of a Payware package or provided for downloading on any site other than Auran unless this is expressly permitted in writing by the author BNSF50 / Clem Cummings."

But the actual question is whether OP has done the same, and whether or not information to that effect was part of the asset description.

That position is not consistent with the licence included with the asset, so the 'always' part is not correct. "This item is supplied free of charge for personnel use by registered users of Trainz. It or its contents must not be modified, offered for sale or supplied as any part of a Payware package or provided for downloading on any site other than Auran unless this is expressly permitted in writing by the author BNSF50 / Clem Cummings."

But the actual question is whether OP has done the same, and whether or not information to that effect was part of the asset description.

I supplied Jeff with Linda's email and I know that he does, in fact, have her permission to share bnsf50's repaired assets in writing. What business is it of yours?

I supplied Jeff with Linda's email and I know that he does, in fact, have her permission to share bnsf50's repaired assets in writing. What business is it of yours?
Dan likes to think he knows all about assets, he implied I had changed a line of code deliberately in one of pencils cliff splines as he thinks it’s impossible for text edit app to corrupt config files. I know from bitter experience that this is far from correct.

JJeff1955, Do not apologize for using bold print! At my work I use exclusively bold print in my emails by default because of my own vision issues. It is much easier to read than what passes for fonts these days. No one has EVER asked me if I am screaming. Yelling or screaming is usually defined by ALL UPPER CASE. Bold type is usually just for emphasis on particular words or phrases, but using it to type with should bother no one. Especially since the type and scroll bars get lighter and lighter and harder to see with every new version of Windows. I think there is a conspiracy to get rid of us older guys and then white-out the eyes of the young until they can't see either. Or maybe it is the higher resolution screens. Or maybe it's just me.... :hehe:

Back