The DLS Violations of terms of service!

I think it would be a great idea to have either a sticky thread or a forum for these declarations. Anything we currently have should be copied to it, and any new ones added. Then there would be one source of record for these. They should be made by the creators themselves, or anything second-hand (Sorry Norm) should be posted as a screenshot of the letter or other communication via the Trainz Gallery, so it won't disappear off of some other posting site.

...and limited to these statements or proxies. No rehash or opinions.

I just posted to the suggestion box, but it may be bounced, because it is not a suggestion for the next version of Trainz, and so is technically off-topic. SHould have posted it somewhere else....?

RJArtim I know now that they are gone and I do not understand why? They performed perfectly with no errors.
It is getting very frustrating to do all of this work on assets and they do not even send an email of what was deleted.
I worked for weeks on the Custom one way Traffic for the Cars to pass correctly on the Highways, a lot of people downloaded that Traffic invisible road kit, and now that is all gone also.

My Custom map is pretty much trashed for having these dependencies.
The only thing that I can do is wait and see what happens, Zec from the Help desk is trying to help me with these issues.

Update for the Jon Oneway Traffic Kit.
I was incorrect and I Stand corrected, they all are still on the DLS and are downloadable.
The Yarn Intersections seem to be deleted, after Zec gets this sorted out they will be re-uploaded correctly.

Last edited:
@dangavel
I'll state this here and now, any routes or content that I have personally made are free for anyone to change and update in the future , as long as not used for personal gain , unless they were reskins of others work that needs permission specifically from the original creators.

I agree that these declarations need to be formalized somehow. As an example, consider the recently uploaded Timber Ridge route. I cannot say enough about your hard work and generosity in providing this route. I also do not wish to start the endless debate about what belongs in a route and session. However, all the consists are in the route layer (AFAIK). If I ever wanted to upload a session for this route (and I am not pledging to do so), I would have to make a new route with the consists either deleted or in a session layer. If I tried to upload it along with a new session, I suspect that pitchforks and torches would appear from N3V. My point is that your statement of generosity is just a sentence amongst millions in the forum. Who is to say if anyone at N3v has even read it, and even if so, would have any desire or mechanism to archive it in such a way as to be retrievable?

You see, even in your carefully thought out statement, it is not at all clear that any changes can be uploaded.

Anyone is free to clone Delete all consists ( I only left them I so people would know that theses items exist as many are hard to find ) to create new layers ( I find it easier to just work on one ) , update under another name and to make sessions and upload to the Dls, as long as it isn't designated as payware, klinger gave permission to do so and I do the same.

Well, I am a bit surprised, but my suggestion did get posted to the Suggestion Boxcar. Not quite on topic, but I hope it gets full consideration!

I also do not wish to start the endless debate about what belongs in a route and session. However, all the consists are in the route layer (AFAIK). If I ever wanted to upload a session for this route (and I am not pledging to do so), I would have to make a new route with the consists either deleted or in a session layer.

Anyone is free to clone Delete all consists ( I only left them I so people would know that theses items exist as many are hard to find ) to create new layers ( I find it easier to just work on one ) , update under another name and to make sessions and upload to the Dls, as long as it isn't designated as payware, klinger gave permission to do so and I do the same.

Without intending to start a war on session layers vs route layers, a solution to this could be to create a new layer called consists in the route layer group and place all the consists there. That way deleting all the consists is simply a matter of deleting the layer instead of deleting them individually through the asset finder tool.

Without intending to start a war on session layers vs route layers, a solution to this could be to create a new layer called consists in the route layer group and place all the consists there. That way deleting all the consists is simply a matter of deleting the layer instead of deleting them individually through the asset finder tool.

A good idea, I'm rather slack in that respect, I'll freely admit that I'm really most interested in building and usually all consists are there to test what I've built see if prototypical trains can tackle grades etc , I don't pay enough detail to layers etc. or AI or sessions.

Except that the new consists layer would be better in the session group. Once again said, this way a creator can develop a session for your route without having to change the route. (I can't say for sure that deleting a layer in the route group would mean a new route, just assuming).

Except that the new consists layer would be better in the session group. Once again said, this way a creator can develop a session for your route without having to change the route. (I can't say for sure that deleting a layer in the route group would mean a new route, just assuming).

I totally agree - I am a fan of using Session layers for not just consists but for scenery items as well (e.g. track work crews that will appear in one session but not others).

My suggestion was for those creators who do not like using session layers but want to add consists into a route that others can delete if they wish. Deleting a route layer on a downloaded route would force the creation of a new route - as would deleting individual consists stored in a route layer.

Back