Opening in a default route

twarner

Around since 2001
I feel that I must have missed something basic somewhere but after searching everywhere I can think of I cannot find the answer.

All I want to do is set a default route to open in TRS19 rather than having to type in a search parameter or open all the routes and select each time I start.

Surely this can be done?!

Terry

All I want to do is set a default route to open in TRS19 rather than having to type in a search parameter or open all the routes and select each time I start.

Driver or Surveyor?

"G:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\TrainzUtil.exe" open-in-driver "<kuid:1234:5678>"
"G:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\TrainzUtil.exe" open-in-surveyor "<kuid:1234:5678>"

adjusted for the location of the application install folder and the KUID of the route that you want to open in.

Thanks for that but this will mean more action than putting in a text string from 'Start Trainz', and clicking on 'Driver/Surveyor'. I was hoping that there was a way through the launcher itself.

Terry

In CM you can right mouse click on the route or session then select Open and then Open Asset in Driver or Edit Asset in Surveyor.

Yep, that works but once again it doesn't set the route as a default, (until changed) when you click 'Start Trainz'.

I would like to be able to click 'Start Trainz' and whatever route I've set as a default, starts.

Terry

It looks like SailorDan's method would work if you used the KUID of the route you're talking about, then put the string into the "Target" property of the TS2019 icon. I don't have time to try it now, but can try it later...

Last edited:
Thanks for that but this will mean more action than putting in a text string from 'Start Trainz', and clicking on 'Driver/Surveyor'.

This is how you set up a default route to open in TRS19 rather than having to type in a search parameter or open all the routes and select each time I start. It's the command line for a desktop shortcut or a menu item. Trainz launcher won't do it.

A similar question: is there a way to default to "Latest Installed"? Almost every time I start, I want the last version of the route I'm working on. Like the OP, I can't believe that there isn't a way that I can't find.

SailorDan's method works also from the command line.

Start the Launcher.
Open a previously created batch using the commands outlined above.

The program will go directly into that route.

I've used this method to import a lot of content from one Trainz version to another and it works quite well.

Do you have any kind of macro program? It's be easy to do. (I run Keyboard Maestro on my work Mac but I'm so new to windows I'm not familiar with Windows macro apps.

Also, you don't have to search for routes. When Routes screen opens the cursor is in the Search field at the top of screen. So launch app, click Start Trainz, click on Driver/Surveryor, and start typing name of your route as cursor is already in search field.

Back